Chapter - 5

Nadiya ka paani bhi khamosh behta yahaan
Khili chandani mein chhipi lakh khamoshiyan
Baarish ki boondon ki hoti kahaan hai zubaan
Sulagte dilon mein hai khamosh uthta dhuaan

Khamoshiyan aakaash hai
Tum udne toh aao zara
Khamoshiyan ehsaas hai
Tumhe mehsoos hoti hai kya
Beqarar hain baat karne ko
Kehne do inko zara haa

Khamoshiyan. Teri meri khamoshiyan
Khamoshiyan. Lipti hui khamoshiyan

                              💔

______________________________________

Four months passed like that . He did try to get close to her but she always pushed him more and more away from herself  . His family tried to make her feel at home but she never wanted a home  . She just wanted a ' family ' to call her own but for some reason she wasn't ready to accept them as hers because according to her she didn't deserve their love . She avoided them by staying at her office as much as she could have . She wanted to ignore them as much as she could because  She felt like she couldn't get close to them but why ?

Four months later on one day -

"Gauri I think you should focus on yourself too rather than just focusing your work the whole time . You are getting weaker by the day ." Gauri ' s secretary MRS SAKSHI MALHOTRA said looking at her .

"Sakshi it's just that i can't seem to find a good hospital for mom to get treated at . You know how worried i have been ever since her health has been deteriorating day by day ." I said looking at her  .

"What about Mr Saini's sister in law ?" She asked when i suddenly remembered about what he had told me .

"He did tell me that his sister in law is a specialist in this cause . I will try contacting her ." I replied making her look at me with her eyebrows arched in confusion.

"Contacting her ? Don't you live in the same house as her then why do you need to contact her ?" She asked chuckling sarcastically which reminded me of something .

Flashback ~ two months ago -

I was walking out of the house leaving for my work when i suddenly bumped into someone .

"Ouch ! " The woman in front of me hissed in pain making me look at her  .

"Ohh gauri ."His sister in law was standing there in front of me . She looked at me with soft eyes making me look here and there .

"Ho- ." She was about to say something when i interrupted her .

"I am sorry but i gotta go ." I said and went out of the house while she looked at me dumbfounded .

Back to present ~

"I meant that i will ask her today only ." I said lying to her at her face but since  after my mother she is my second protector . I knew that she would obviously very easily make out that i was lying .

"I know you are lying to me gauri . I know you since we were like ten but don't worry i won't ask you about it because I know if you wanted you would have told me already ." She said as she knows me a lot to which i hummed in response .

"Now Listen to me carefully . Go back home ok and don't even think about staying here all night again ." She said standing at the door taking her leave while i looked at her in a questioning manner and she obviously understood why I was looking at her like that .

"Cctv baby ." She said and then winked at me making me make faces at her .

"And i won't hesitate telling aunty this time if you don't listen to me" She said and then took her leave after passing me a flying kiss to which i chuckled .