9

babycakes: why is rumi telling me you popped her?

the one time she texts me first is because of rumi? i just know she's about to try and take up for her. rumi got popped because she called me a "stupid person." whatever the hell that even means in her world. all because i wouldn't let her eat ice cream for breakfast. even though she did call onika on me, i wasn't hearing it this time. she's had ice cream for breakfast three days straight, no. i don't care what they're talking about at this point. it's beyond me.

:yes i popped her.

babycakes: why would you do that?

:because she called me a name. i'm her mother and she needs to know not to do that. it isn't the first time, so this time i gave a consequence.

babycakes: what did she even call you?

what's crazy about all of this is that rumi is inside of my house at this very moment. the fact that she's snitching on me is kind of crazy. i didn't even know she was awake again. after i popped her she decided to take a damn nap.

:she called me a "stupid person."

babycakes: you are a stupid person so why take offense?

i rolled my eyes and put the phone down. i'm
not even gonna reply to that. she can really
come get rumi if they wanna jump on me like this. then i'll be able to chill and relax, not worry about a 4 year old. not that i really do when she's here because she hides out. but still.

my phone went off twice but i didn't even pay it any attention. just put my focus back on the tv show i was watching before it was rudely interrupted.

before i could get back into it good, lyric came flying into my bed. she's too damn old for this shit. seriously. i just looked at her and she smiled so widely before it fell.

"who pissed in your cereal today?"

"your mother."

"oh. you still trying? i hope you're not doing that for the sake of me. if you don't wanna be back with her that's completely fine momma."

"trust me i want to. i've been wanting to since she left. she's just getting on my nerves this morning. your sister called me stupid so i popped her. you should know the rest."

"she called ma and now she's getting on you?" she laughed and i nodded. that seemed to make her laugh harder making me mug her. it's not even that damn funny, at all. "and you sitting here with a pout on your face! that proves that ma is definitely wearing the pants."

"bullshit." i grumbled. onika has a dominant personality so i get why that would be the thought. but no. i for sure have some control over her. lyric wouldn't know because she isn't present in our sex life, she's our child. never will be. but onika can submit to me. it'll take some time but she will. she doesn't take dick so that's what used to make it hard. "leave me alone."

"don't get salty cause you be getting-"

"i don't wanna hear the rest of that. what you come in here for anyways?"

"dang i can't just wanna spend time with my momma?" she did that mug like me and i chuckled. when she laid beside me and started watching my tv i began to play in her hair. the fact that it's so long is what i love so much about it. her dad was half ethiopian but her hair isn't as kinky as mine. it's much more loose. "you should go look for rumi. i heard her scream not too long ago."