3

: why didn't you tell me your mom had a girlfriend?

worrisome child: she doesn't have a girlfriend.

: i already know, stop fibbing.

worrisome child: fibbing? lol ma. she doesn't have a girlfriend.

: so who's the pretty girl that looks just like her?

worrisome child: oh Lauren? whoops. mom, mommy has a girlfriend that she doesn't claim as her girlfriend because she's too clingy.

i was clingy when we were together....

: wait so you know her?

worrisome child: yes i do. and i think that they date in Lauren's eyes. mom is just really..... different.

: think she misses me?

worrisome child: bye momma.

i sighed dramatically and sat my phone down. rumi is next to me with a big thing of ice cream eating away. after onika came and got her the other day, they went and bought her so many buckets of ice cream. then sent her in with a note saying i couldn't tell her no because her nika says yes.

imagine me dealing with things like this for the past two years because rumi has a bond with onika. i barely even have one anymore but my four year old does....

if i tell her no she's calling onika. then coming to me with an attitude and words from her nika. on top of it all, onika be ignoring me so every time i would try to talk or call, it didn't work. a straight struggle. so i'm very proud that onika is finally being more than cordial with me.

well today will really determine that. we go out for mimosas later and i'm excited. after finding out she has a girlfriend, i'm gonna try extra hard. she doesn't even claim the girl so that says a lot.

onika love's feminine women. she's one herself. we used to talk about adding a stud to our relationship but she doesn't do straps so that wouldn't work. onika will not touch a penis. it disgusts her. so we decided to stick with just our pleasing. it worked out until i messed up.

"would you like some ice cream momma?"

"sure."

"what wrong wif you?" she looked up at me with a little kid face. just so sweet with no problems. rumi literally stays in her own world. i rarely even see her around the house and then she'll pop up out of nowhere all giggly.

it's like she's the only character in her movie. we're just here because we have to be.

"women." i got a scoop and she just ignored me. she was focused on how much ice cream i was taking. "that's too much?"

"yea but you're sad." she shrugged as i ate it. i'm not even sad.

"i'm sad because of your nika."

"really!?" she gasped and sat up quick. i nodded at her and she shook her head before sitting back and starting back at her ice cream. if i would've said anyone else she would've been ready to fight. but because i said onika, she doesn't care.

"you're not gonna get her for me?"

"nope. her buy me ice cream. you can get better. eat ice cream."

i rolled my eyes and got up. i'm her mom.

my phone started to ding as i went downstairs and i checked it. it surprised me to see a message from onika. she's never texted first. are we improving? i smirked opening the message but frowned at what it said. i thought.

babycakes: could you do me a favor?

: yea, sure.

babycakes: let me drop lyric off for a few hours?