thirty-four.

Geonna P.O.V

It's August now and i'm back in Atlanta. The school year is about to start and luckily I found a job. I start August 19th however, today is my gender reveal. It wasn't anything super big. My Atlanta people were coming to my house and my family would join a Zoom link to watch. I currently have a situation named Daveon. We met in the summer and he actually has been super there for me. We haven't done anything at all, not even kissed but he's just a very sweet boy to me right now. I didn't tell Domonique about the gender reveal. He has been on my last nerve ever since I dropped that car back over to him. He calls my phone everyday, sends things to my house, calls me off jas phone and all. the only thing thats stopping me from blocking him is this baby.

My mom is declining and i know i should be there especially not knowing when anything could happen. It just hurts to see my mama like that. I haven't even been back to Mississippi since the fourth of July. That's when things started taking a turn. I do atleast want her to be here when i have this baby. however, i really don't want to think about that. today is supposed to be a happy day. i get up from out of my bed and head into the main area. I seen Asia cleaning up the house for me.
me: what would i do without you
asia: girl shut up. *laughs*. you know i gotta make sure everything is good for my god baby.
me: is it really your god baby?
asia: hoe i'll mess up all this shit. don't play with me
me: *laughs* what else you gotta do ?
asia: i have to go pick up the gender balloon, the food, and i got some cupcakes and drinks
me: okay.
asia: who all coming anyways?
me: you, keira, my girl brittany i used to dance with, Jas, Daveon, and one of my new coworkers i met at work. i like her and i think you will too. her name is China.
asia: okay. that's a good amount of people.
me: hell yea. ion even like people over here fr since i been pregnant
asia: i know. what all you doing today?
me: umm nothing really. i'm getting a frontal pin-up. so i gotta get my hair done and imma do my own makeup soo it's gone be light. and my dress already here so i'm good.
asia: can i ask you why you didn't invite domonique?
me: honestly asia, it's a lot going on. All the negativity, all that begging, the nagging. it's too much on my pregnancy. i just wanna have a happy pregnancy. and i'm not tryna be crying or stressing about Domonique and his hoeing ways. maybe me and him can talk AFTER december 14th.
asia: girl y'all gone get back together i promise you.
me: you really think so?
asia: girl yes. Daveon is a sweet guy, but he doesn't make you as happy as Domonique does.
me: you're right. but I can put myself through a situation where imma be getting cheated on. especially when i do so right by him.
asia: yes i know girl. but y'all have to find a way to work through y'all problems. FOR MY GOD BABY.
me: yes ma'am. i'll probably have a sit down with him eventually. you got me getting teary eyed. i'm finna get in the shower girl.
asia: *laughs*. okay. i gotta do the hall bathroom then imma head out to Walmart and Kroger.
me: okay. thank you. i love you
asia: love you more mamas

i go back into my room and start my shower water. the time is only 9:35. My hair appointment is at 11:30 and the gender reveal starts at 3. i get into the shower and stay in for about 15 minutes. i get out and wrap my towel around me. i walk back to my room to find something to wear. I put on my undergarments and put on some ripped jeans and a crop top. i lotion my body and put on some sandals. i head back into the kitchen to see what i can eat. i grab some bread and put it in my toaster. i grab a skillet to make some turkey sausage and i cut up some strawberries. i put everything on a plate and eat my food as i watch some of All the Queen's Men. after i finish, i put everything up and clean everything. i go back in my room and grab my purse and keys and head to my car towards my hair appointment.

i leave my appointment and let's say i'm in lovee. my hair was soo cute and y'all know the car ride hit soo much better after you get your hair done. i get back to my house and i see streamers and balloons all on my doorstep. i shake my head because i know only Asia. i go inside my house to be greeted by even more balloons and streamers and more boy or girl stuff. 
me: baby you done went all out. then you got keira helping too.
keira: as she should
asia: you know imma do the most.
me: *laughs* it's cute though. can i get a wing?
asia: yo pregnant ass. get it hoe
i cheerfully run over and grab a wing and head to my room to start getting myself ready. the time is 2 and i knew everyone would be here soon. and my family impatient so if i don't start at 3, they would blow my phone uppp. i grab my dress and go ahead and put that on so i didn't mess up my makeup after the fact. i sit down at my mirror and play some music on my tv as i begin to work. i was going for a natural beat so hopefully it wouldn't be too long. i hear a knock at my door so i tell them to come in.
daveon: hey it's me.
me: hey boo wassup. you look good
daveon: nah you look good.
me: *laughs* thank you but ian even done yet.
he comes into the bathroom with me and stands behind me. Daveon was a tall, chocolate, kinda muscular, dreads, white teeth. so sexy.
me: you acting like yeen been over here before. sit yo ass down. *laughs*
daveon: shit i'm admiring yo sexy ass. got a nigga tryna..yea.
me: boy yo ass don't even kiss me let along tryna fuck me.
after i said that, i stand up but he grabs me by my throat and immediately kisses me with tongue and all. Ian gone lie, i didn't expect that but he is a good ass kisser.
daveon: now what you gone say
me: boy anyways. *laughs*.
daveon: shit a nigha might fuck you tonight
me: daveon whatever *laughs*
i finish my lips and head back into my room.
me: can you cut my light off in my bathroom?
daveon: yea.
me: who all here ?
daveon: shit asia, keira, and some girl with a big ass booty
i grab a water bottle and throw it at him.
daveon: man what?
me: don't play wimme.
daveon: *laughs*
me: ain't shit funny
daveon: ahh shut the fuck up. yo baby daddy coming?
me: nope. why
daveon: i feel like step daddy needa meet the real daddy hell.
me: oh you'll meet em, December 14th
Daveon: boyyy yo ass remember that date like it's yo mf birthday.
me: *laughs* what time is it ?
Daveon: like 2:50.
me: ight lemme finish up. i'll be out in a minute.
daveon: ok
he comes up to me and kisses me and walks out of my room and closes the door. ughh i swear that boy makes me soo happy. i grab a pair of clear sandals, take off my robe and put that on and admire myself in my mirror. i grab my phone and head into the living room. i immediately hear they ass screaming.
me: oh my gosh byeee
Brittany: baby i lovee the look
jas: yesss ma'am. you look amazing.
China: period
me: thank y'all. are y'all ready ? Daveon you still on camera duty ?
Daveon: yes mama
me: boy shut up *laughs* asia, bring the balloon and everybody let's go outside

we all go outside and asia brings the balloon and a pen. the zoom had already started and was giving everyone a chance to join.
me: soo before i get started. i want to thank EVERYONE for being here whether you're on Zoom or actually here. i love every last one of y'all and i can't wait to share this bundle of joy with each and everyone of you. so without further ado, let's find out the gender.
asia: starting from 10
All: 10...9...8..7..6...5...4...3...2...1
i pop the balloon and PINK CONFETTI GOES EVERYWHERE.