nine.

Geonna P.O.V

Me: Dominique? what you doing here?
Dominique: I had to see you.
Me: so you show up at my house? In Mississippi...not Georgia. With my parents. Sir you do know you got a $1200 phone in your hand that you can use to factime people on right?
Dominique: it wouldn't be the same..I had to see you in person. I'm sorry about the shade room. I didn't know cameras would be there.
Me: I don't really care too much about that. It happened. *shrugs shoulders*
Dominique: so you don't care about that?
Me: no..Ian got to reason to. They didn't lie. We were on a date.
Dominique: yea I guess but still. That was an invasion of our privacy
Me: nigga we went on a date. In public. In Atlanta. we were bound to get spotted. How tf Yk where I stay.
Dominique: I'm a rapper, with money,and I know a lot of people. You think I couldn't find out?
Me: well yea-
Domonique: okay then
I roll my eyes playfully just as I see my brother come down the stairs. Aww shit this mf love lil baby.
DJ: sissss Ian know you was doing it like that!!
Me: stfu. Dominique, this my brother Derrick jr. or as we call him DJ. He loves you.
Domonique: wassup
They dap each other up and DJ still looks amazed.
DJ: I'm hype asl right now man wtf. You wanna go play 2K or some?
Domonique: not rn man. I'm just tryna chill with my girl but later on dude.
Dj: Ight bet bet
DJ runs upstairs and I start blushing because he called me his girl.
Me: so who let you in?
Domonique: your sister.
Me: she here?
Domonique: I mean when I came in she left out.
Me: I guess. But ugh I can't believe you did this.
Domonique: you want me to leave?
Me: no but like..idk..don't leave. Umm I'll give you a tour of our house or whatever and then idk chill until my family gets here I guess.
Domonique: okay let's do it.
He drags behind me as I walk around the house. I show him the living room, kitchen, dining room and our entertainment room. We then go upstairs and I show him my brother room, sister room, guest room, my parents room, and lastly my room.
Me: yea this my room.
Dominique: all this damn pink
Me: stfu
Domonique: yoooo look at mini Geonna. In that small ass uniform
Me: ahh stfu *laughs*
We go in silence for a minute as I come across the last picture me and my grandma took together. I smiled to myself thinking about her. She died about a month after I graduated from high school.
Me: can we go somewhere?
Domonique: yea sure where you wanna go?
Me: I'll tell you..can you drive?
Dominique: ofc let's go
I go to my mom's room first and look in her top drawer. I pull out the key chain and head outside to the car. He gets in and I get in and he cranks up the car. I type the address into maps. I stare out the window until we pull up at the house. I get out and stare at the house.
Me: this is my grandma house..and where I spent part of my childhood. Everything is here. I have an old room here and I usually come here to clear my mind. Let's go to the back first though.
We walk to the back of the house to find the lake that my grandma took to me to when I was younger. This was the place we had our deepest talks about boys..boys..boys..and more boys. My mom cared mostly about school so never talked about boys together until after I graduated from high school. My grandma knew I had my first kiss at 15 but my mom thinks I had my first one in college. We got along way better than me and my mom did.
Me: this was our spot. When she wanted a break from her kids, her husband, bills, life, we came out here and sat here for hours and hours to just talk.
Domonique: and what about your mother?
Me: I love my mom of course. but we didn't have the connection that I had with my grandma.
Domonique: I see what you mean.
I began to get teary eyed thinking about the last time we sat our here and talked. the morning of my graduation.
Domonique: how she passed? If you don't mind me asking.
Me: she got diagnosed with lupus..we thought she was okay though because she was playful, funny, got around cooked..she never acted like anything was wrong. Until we had a get together, and she had a heart attack..later died like that night at the hospital.
Domonique: damn baby come here.
He holds his hands out and I hug on him. He feels so comfortable and I loved it. His gentle hands rubbing up and down my back, feeling his breaths against my neck, and his warm arms around me.
Me: can we go?
Domonique: yea baby let's go.
He grabbed my hand and walked me back to the car. Him calling me baby really did something to me. He walked me to the car and opened up the car door to let me in.
Me: where your bags at?
Domonique: I already checked in a hotel, they there
Me: oh okay.
He cranks up the car and drives away. I put back in the address to my house and he heads back there.

Once we get there, I see both my mom and step dad car under the car porch. I unbuckle the seat belt and get out and he does the same. I walk into the house to see my step-dad in his normal position with a beer in his hands while watching a game on tv and my mom on the opposite couch probably playing candy crush.
Mama: my baby hey *run and hugs me*
Me: hey mama how you?
Mama: I'm good baby ugh you look good. loosing weight. booty getting big too aint it. I guess I gotta blame it on this young man huh? Who are you?
Domonique: I'm Domonique Jones
Mama: nice to meet you
Domonique: likewise
Me: hey Jonathan.
Jonathan: waddup.
I roll my eyes because I already feel as if he is going to do too much.
Mama: Domonique, you want something to drink?
Domonique: no ma'am I'm okay.
Mama: well where you plan on staying while you are with us?
Domonique: oh I'm in a hotel..I didn't want to intrude here.
Jonathan: good
Me: nobody asked you. You clearly see my mama talking to him.
Domonique looks at me and mouths "baby chill". I get butterflies all over again and smile.
Mama: oh that's nonsense, you can stay here with Geonna
Jonathan: like hell he will. I pay bills in this damn house. He don't pay a god damn thing to be staying here. Ass probably can't even afford to wipe his ass with correct tissue paper.
Me: you don't know his ass at fucking all to be saying shit about him so I advise yo broke ass to shut the fuck up. I'm sorry mama.
Domonique: with all due respect Jonathan, you don't know me to judge me.
Jonathan: like I said you and her ass broke as fuck. Y'all ass cant afford to buy shit. Probably struggling to pay for that damn hotel you got downtown. And I know her ass struggling to pay for that apartment in Atlanta the way she run to her mama for money on it.
See now my blood was beginning to boil because 1. He just told my business to somebody that didn't have to be told to. 2. This exactly why me and him don't get along.
Domonique: you know sir, I tried to be nice to you but you done ran to far.
He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a bankroll of money.
Domonique: don't judge shit about me. And the way yo ass looking you bought the only broke mf in here. Sitting around still drinking gas station beer and shit. Bitch get like me.
He throws a couple hundreds at him and walks out the house.
Mama: guess he told your ass.
I laugh to myself as Jonathan sits there stunned at what happened. I go upstairs to my room and grab my bags and head back down to the car.
Me: mama I'll talk to you later.
Mama: just let me know. Hopefully things are better tomorrow.
Me: hopefully. I'll text you when we get to the hotel.
Mama: okay
I bump into Jonathan on the way out making him drop his beer and walk outside to car. I see Domonique sitting on the hood smoking a blunt.
Me: you okay?
Domonique: I'm good. Kinda just got outta character a li bit but I'm alright.
Me: I'm sorry about him..kinda why I ain't want you here!
Domonique: eh it's alright.
Me: look about what he said about me-
Domonique: ion care about that. Why Yeen tell me you was struggling? I can afford to move you out them apartments.
Me: Domonique we just started talking to each other. I don't need to be moved out, I'm okay. And I didn't tell you I was struggling to someone I barely knew.
Domonique: Ian tripping.
He pulls out a couple hundreds and hands them to me.
Domonique: this for help on ya next rent.
Me: I can't take that.
Domonique: take the shit.
Me: no.
Domonique: Ight.
He folds the money up, reaches in my shirts and puts the money in my bra.
Me: Domonique *laughs*
Domonique: don't give me that shit back na. Now let me put ya bags back up in the car.
Me: Ight. Thank you.
I get in the car and smile about what he just did..but also kind of mad about what happened in the house. He gets in and cranks up the car. He then heads towards his hotel as I sit and glance out the window.