five

Geonna POV

It is now Monday. The day after the concert. I am literally so tired. I check my phone thinking Asia texted me but still nothing. It is 5 in the morning and I have to be at work at 7. I get up and go to the bathroom to get my day started. I use the bathroom first then wash my face with my face cleanser. I started my shower water and grabbed my towel from the closet. I got in the shower and stayed it about a good 30 minutes. I dried off and put on a dressy kind of a shirt with slacks and flats. I put my hair into a slick bun as I got ready to go. For breakfast..I probably was going to stop by McDonald's and just get hot cakes and sausage and hot coffee and got ready to head to work. I was student teaching at a daycare until it was time for me to graduate. So up until probably April. I actually am going out of town Friday to go to Mississippi for Christmas break with my family and I won't be at work. I pulled into a parking place and got out of the car and headed in. I was soon greeted by my boss Ashley.
Ashley: good morning Geonna.
Me: goodmorning
Ashley: so for the week, I would like for you to help out with feeding the kids breakfast, lunch, and snack. Also if you could, make sure you serve assistance to all of the classes including after school. Is that okay?
Me: yes ma'am that is fine.
Ashley: okay well thank you and let me know if you need anything
She then walks into her office as I walk to the cafeteria kind of area to feed the students. I washed my hands, put on gloves and began to help feed them. It looked like they were giving them sausage, eggs,waffles and orange juice. Once they were all given their food, I took off the gloves and rewashed my hands. I then sat down near the wall and watched them. Soon a lady approached me with scrubs on
Unknown: hey I'm ms Jackson but you can me Keira who are you
Me: um hi, I'm Geonna Magee but you can call me geonna
Keira: nice to meet you! I work with the after school. I attend Georgia State and this is my senior year. What about you?
Me: so I actually attend Clark Atlanta University. And this is my senior year as well. I'm actually doing my student teaching as of now
Keira: okay! That's good girl! I feel like we could be really good friends actually! Let me get your number and we could you know plan to do stuff or whatever
Me: okay sure sure
I grab her phone and put my number in as she grabbed mines and put hers in. We continued to laugh and talk until it was time for us to round the kids up to their class. We walked both kids to their classes. Once I got done with that, I grabbed the kids leftover plate and cups and threw it away. I grabbed a Lysol cleaner and spray down each chair and table and wiped them down. I grabbed a broom to sweep the floor then grab a mop to mop up the floor. I cut off the light and went to the baby room and then later the 4 year old room. It was a little boy name Jason who kept coming and talking to me continuously. I would laugh and joke with him hoping the time would pass by.

The day was finally almost over. We were down to 4 more students. 2 after schoolers who were twins, a baby, and Jason. The kids were sitting watching television while the baby was playing with the toys on her car seat. Mostly everybody was gone besides me and Keira. Soon one parent came in and got the twins and the baby and I was only waiting on Jason parents. Finally, I seen a man come to the door and type in the code and he looked very familiar. I knew he was for Jason so I walked Jason over and cut off the tv and lights. I noticed it was a man by his shoes. Then, we made eye contact. It was Dominique.
Dominique: Geonna
Me: it's me.
Dominique: what you doing here? I been in here plenty times and never seen you
Me: well I'm student teaching and this where I do it at
Dominique: dang so imma see you around a lot huh?
Me: yea I guess so *laughs*
Dominique: lemme take you on a date
Me: what?
Dominique: you heard me
Me: I don't know. I don't want to date my students parents
Dominique: technically, you not his teacher and 2. We not dating. It's just one simple out to eat thing.
Me: well, you right. But I don't know when. I'm leaving town Friday
Dominique: you moving?
Me: nooo, I'm going home to Mississippi for Christmas break
Dominique: ohhh that make since and not that you say that, I hear that li accent
Me: hush.
Dominique: nah honestly though *laughs* lemme get ya number and we can talk about it later on
Me: fine.
He gives me his phone and I put my number in.
Dominique: I'll see you later then
Me: alright bye. Bye Jason
Jason: bye ms Magee
They leave out while I gather the rest of my belongings and head out to my car. I decide that imma just cook at home cause ya girl is broke and I got rent coming up! I head home and decide to just cook me pork chops, rice and gravy, and cornbread. I fix my plate, cut on the tv to watch Love and Hip Hop then I complete some assignments. I got in the kitchen to wash my hands and throw away my food after that. I look over and see on the counter a key. That must mean that Asia been by. I head to my room and put my phone on the charger and I also see Asia stuff gone. Wow. I thought we would bounce back from this but Igs not. I go in the bathroom and start my tub water. I brush my teeth and wash my face for the night. I put my soap in the tub and decide to light up some candles. I play some slow music and get in the tub and stay in for a good 35 minutes. This really relaxed my nerves. I get out and drown out the water and blow out my candles. I wrap my towel around me and head to my room to decide what to wear. I check my phone and see that I got a text from Dominique.
Dominique: wassup. this baby
Me: heyy nothing. just got out the shower
Dominique: okay. What you finna do?
Me: probably about to complete some assignments, watch some Hulu, and then gts
Dominique: tryna let me pull up?
Me: boy bye!
Dominique: but Ian gone hold up too much more of your time so I'll text you later goodnight
Me: goodnight.💕
I click off my phone and stand there smiling for a minute. I put on an oversized tee and a shorts or as my mom calls them "coochie cutters". I walk to the kitchen to clean up and wash dishes and put everything up. It feels so weird being here alone by myself. I cut off my lights and tv and then get in the bed to start on my assignments but before that..I drift off to sleep.