twenty-eight

Geonna P.O.V

Today is Monday and let's just say, i had an amazing birthday weekend. I wake up in bed next to Domonique. i give him a kiss on the cheek and get out of the bed to go downstairs. once i got down, i see Jas in the kitchen making breakfast.
me: good morning
jasmine: good morning. you look like you had a good night
me: girl, this weekend was amazing! i haven't stopped smiling yet!!
jasmine: i can see. what you got planned today?
me: well, i'm supposed to be going to go look at this townhouse and hopefully close on it today. my lease ends at my apartment in like a week and i'm trying to be up and out!
jasmine: okay. what time are you meeting with your realtor?
me: 10:30
jasmine: girl you needa gone hurry up then or some!
me: yea, i'm finna eat then get on down *laughs*
jasmine: okay, well let me go ahead and make your plate.
me: thank you.
she puts waffles & bacon on a plate and hands me a glass of orange juice. i begin to eat my food and after finishing, i place them in the sink and go back upstairs to domonique's room to get dressed. when i make it up there, he was just getting out the bed.
me: hey baby
domonique: morning *kisses cheek*
me: allat morning breath un un
domonique: what you doing today?
me: i'm about to get ready to go to my showing of the townhouse. remember? i wanted you to come
domonique: oh damn baby, you did. i forgot i'm sorry. i got a parent teacher meeting with Jason teacher.
me: oh okay.
my feelings were a little hurt he couldn't come but, he is a parent first. i go into the bathroom and start my shower water as i strip out of my clothes. i get into the shower and stay in 15 minutes. i get out and wrap my towel around me and walk back into his room to take out the sundress i wanted to put on today. i dried off and put on my undergarments, deodorant, then put on the dress. i motioned my body and then put on some flip flops. i put on some lip gloss. my wig was doneee after dealing with domonique all weekend so i combed my natural hair back into a ponytail. i grabbed my purse and walked downstairs.
me: i'm gone yall
domonique: you look good.
me: thanks
domonique: i hope you not mad i'm not coming baby.
me: ian tripping. i gotta go before i be late. see you later
i walk out the door and walk to my new baby. this probably my first time driving it. i crank it up and back out the driveway heading to the townhouse.

i make it there and park on the side of the street behind my realtor.
me: hey leah
leah: hey girl. you early so we can go ahead and come in.
i walk in behind her and close the door. i was instantly greeted by a beautiful foyer area which leads into the kitchen.
me: oh baby. this is cuteee
the ceilings were high and everything was open concept just how i wanted.
leah: there are 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. the half is right here in front of the kitchen area. the 2 bedrooms are upstairs and both are connected to a bathroom. you also have a 2 car garage with a small driveway on the backside.
me: okay okay.
we continued to walk around and all i can do was fall more in love with the place than i already was. we went upstairs to look at the master bedroom and i know this the house i want! the closet is soo spacious as well as the bathroom. only thing is the master bedroom doesn't have a tub but the other bathroom does so that's okay.
me: i want it.
leah: really?
me: yes. whatever i need to go get or do, i'll do all of it today
leah: well, i'll go back to the office and print off the paperwork and get some other things in order. can you come by after lunch? say 1? and sign the paperwork and get your keys?
me: most definitely!! i will be there.
leah: okay then! see you there.

she leaves me in the house alone as she walks out. i was still in awe of how beautiful this house was. i look at the time and see it was only 11 so i had some time to kill before 1. i grab my purse and keys and walk out to my car only the discover i left my phone out here and i see a missed call from domonique so i call back.
me: hello
domonique: hey baby. you done looking at the house?
me: yes. i have to go look over and sign the paperwork at 1 then the house will be mine.
domonique: i had finished up the conference earlier than i thought so i was tryna see if you had left yet or not.
me: yea i'm gone.
domonique: well, how about you come back to the house and i'll have jasmine cook us some lunch. and we can eat and just talk you know.
me: umm yea. that sounds nice. i'll be there
domonique: alright see you then. love you

i hang up and drive back towards domonique's house. one thing i liked about this house was it is closer to domonique than my apartment. its a good 10 minutes compared to the 30 minute drive from my apartment. I soon pull back into domonique driveway as i see the garage being let down meaning he just pulled in to. i get out of the car and go inside the house.
me: girl you love cooking. i'm convinced
jasmine: girl i do! i be so happy when domonique asks me to cook
me: what you make?
jasmine: some easy and simple. shrimp pasta.
me: ughh you know i lovee that! thanks girl.
jasmine: i got the table set already. y'all go ahead and sit down and i'll bring it to y'all
me: thanks my girl

she fixes our plate as I go and sit at the table and she brings our food to the table. soon, i see domonique come from around the corner and he sits down.
me: hey baby
domonique: hey *kisses*
me: how was jason's meeting ?
domonique: it was cool. just talking about his grades and shit.
me: he failing?
domonique: his highest grade is a 85. maybe we needa put him in tutoring.
me: baby ion mean no offense. but It's March. the school year end in 2 months. there ain't no purpose of putting him in it now. y'all ain't been worried.
domonique: well you know this my first parent teacher conference. i usually be in the road. i just took the opportunity cause i'm home. speaking of being on the road, i just signed a deal this morning. i'll be gone on tour starting may 7th.
me: may what ? domonique that's my graduation what the fuck.
domonique: shit. bae, i forgot. i knew i had some to do.
me: you knew i graduated IN MAY. are you fucking kidding me dude.
domonique: baby i-
me: just shut the fuck up.
i grab my plate and drink and go to the bar to finish eating my food. to my surprise, he didn't run up behind me. i finished eating my food and put everything up. i grabbed my drink and headed to the living room with my blanket and laid down for a nap.

i wake up at 12:15. my realtor's office was 20 minutes away but i needed to get ready to leave cause i knew it would be traffic at this time. i get up and fold my blanket and recomb my hair. i grab my phone and keys and go to my car and drive off towards her office. once i make it there, i park in their driveway and walk in to see their receptionist.
me: hey. i had a meeting with Leah Franklin at 1:00.
receptionist: yes. let me notify her that you are here
me: okay. thank you
she dials on the phone and i go sit down and wait for her. i soon see her appear around the corner.
leah: hey girl. come on to the meeting room.
me: okay
i follow behind her to the meeting room where i see paper work and a bottle of champagne sitting there. i sit down.
leah: okay. the process is pretty simple. just go through the paperwork & read everything and sign where your name is required.
me: okay.
i start on page one and i begin to feel my phone vibrate near me. i flip it over and see "Alisha❤️," on the front. i press the lock button so it can stop vibrating as i continue reading. i then feel it vibrate again from "Alisha❤️," & i press the lock button again. i sign my name and continue reading. i then feel it vibrate again from "Alisha❤️." the only thought i'm having is why is she blowing up my phone. i continue signing and reading then my phone rings again but this time from "Jonathan." Now this is suspicious asf cause why is he calling me. i sign the last page and put the pen down.
me: okay! i'm done
leah: well, i just have to get this faxed in the system but other than that, congratulations! here are your keys.
me: thank you!!
she pops open the bottle of champagne and pours us both a glass.
me: thank you
we cheers each other and continue to drink.
leah: i always give my clients a welcome home basket when we complete a deal. i'll have my assistant put it in your car if that's fine! thank you again!
me: thank you soo much! you have been an amazing help through this process!
leah: of course! when you in the market again or you know someone looking for house, refer them to me.
me: oh you know i will girl! thank you

i grab my phone and purse and head to my car with my keys to my house in my hand. i can't do nothing but smile!! i feel my phone vibrate again so i look at it. this time it's from "Derrick J.💙" I have to answer because it's super important is DJ is calling! he never calls anybody
me: wassup DJ. what's so important y'all keep blowing up my phone?
Derrick: it's mama Ge.