The Leap

We were back in Mae's cage as we tried to make a plan on how to save the dinosaurs from Kon.

"Hm. We could make disguises for all the dinosaurs." Ben suggested from where he sat on the couch beside an upside down Darius.

"Okay, I know I said no idea is a bad idea......." Darius trailed off as Yaz and Sammy walked around the corner laughing while carrying cups of cocoa. They passed me where I'm leaning against the wall and handed me a cup of cocoa with me nodding in thanks.

"Uh-oh. Ben and Darius have their serious thinking faces on." Yaz teased and Sammy laughed. Brooklyn then came and rested her foot on the table to show off her white shoes.

"I can't believe I finally got these babies clean." Brooklyn grinned.

"Your shoes look exactly like they did before." Ben blunted and Brooklyn gasped in offense.

"I can tell they're cleaner." Sammy told Brooklyn as she handed her a cup.

"Ah. So, what were you thinking about?" Yaz asked as she took a seat on the chair and Sammy sat on the armrest of that chair.

"We might have destroyed Mr. Kon's way to make dino control chips, but he's always one step ahead of us. We need a way to protect them from whatever he's got up his sleeve." Darius explained as Brooklyn sat between him and Ben on the couch.

"But, apparently, disguises are off the table." Ben rolled his eyes.

"Can't imagine why." Yaz said sarcastically.

"This is so nice. All of us warm and cozy, sharing a cup of cocoa together." Sammy smiled before frowning. "Too bad we can't do this for the dinos. It's be a lot easier to keep 'em safe if they were all snuggled in one place."

"Sammy, you're a genius!" I yelled from where I was leaning against the wall.

"I am?" She asked.

"Yeah." Darius said as he picked up on my idea.

"Come on." I set my cup down on the table and waved the others after me. I ran to the water fall and stared at the water.

"What's the one place on Isla Nublar where all the dinosaurs got along?" Darius asked as he stood beside me.

"The watering hole!" Sammy answered.

"Exactly!" Darius grinned.

"That's a great idea, Darius and Evelyn." Sammy complimented.

"Is there enough water, though?" Yaz asked.

"That would be the problem." Darius sighed.

"What if we fill buckets with water?" Sammy asked.

"Maybe we can distract the dinos with food instead?" Brooklyn suggested.

"That wouldn't work. The dinos would just fight over the food." I shook my head.

"One word, 'disguises'." Ben grinned. We turned as Darius walked a few feet away and pointed at something.

"Look." He yelled and ran over to a rock that was a drain.

"A drain." Sammy grinned.

"If we can plug it up, the whole area will fill up with water." Brooklyn pointed out.

"Hello, watering hole." Yaz cheered as she hit Ben on the shoulder, getting a groan from him.

"Let's not celebrate yet. We still gotta make sure it actually works." Darius said.

"And we have no idea when Mr. Kon's coming back, so we have to act fast." Brooklyn pointed out.

"Right. So, what do we need? Uh.....water and dinosaurs, yeah?" Darius questioned.