End of the Line

Just as Ben lost his grip on Darius, Darius used both hands to grab onto Ben. I had managed to pull myself up a bit so I had my arms inside the monorail, holding onto a bar. We thought we were fine hit a Pt-don came out of nowhere and knocked into Ben, causing his grip on Darius to slip.

"Ben!" I yelled as he fell. I watched in horror as he fell and pteranodons went after him. It was silent as everyone stared at where Ben was a minute earlier.

"He's gone. He's.....gone." Yaz murmured shocked.

"I wasn't believe it!" Sammy yelled as she ran for the side of the monorail but Yaz held her back. "No!" Sammy cried.

"Hn! Help!" I grunted as my grip started to slip. (Hehe that rhymed.) Everyone quickly grabbed hold of me before pulling me up and into the monorail. "Thanks." I gasped as I panted.

"We're going back." I heard Darius mumble. I glanced up to see him staring at the trees. "The monorail's going back!" Darius yelled then grunted when the monorail turned a little sharply.

"What do you mean, 'going back'?" Brooklyn asked.

"When we switched tracks, we ended up on one headed north." Darius explained before sitting in the chair at the control panel. "We're not going to the south docks, we're going away from them!" He tried hitting different buttons but nothing seemed to work. "Doesn't anything here work? We gotta get off this monorail now!" Brooklyn then went to the side of the monorail and peered put.

"Oh! T-The track dips down up ahead! We can jump there!" Brooklyn said.

"What?" Kenji asked.

"Jump?" Sammy asked.

"We can't! It's too far to jump!" Yaz denied.

"It's the only way!" Darius said. We all then gathered at the side of the monorail and peered down at the jump. I made sure my backpack was still strapped onto my back before standing beside Darius. "One.......two.......three! Now!" We all then yelled while junking out of the monorail. We hit trees on the way down before rolling down a hill. I crashed into a tree before stopping and panting. I slowly got up before wobbling my way to the others. "Is everyone all right?"

"'Ish.' Are you?" Brooklyn asked.

"Bumpy. Where's Bumpy?" Kenji asked. "I lost her when I hit the ground. She's gotta be here. Bumpy? Bumpy!" Kenji yelled before Brooklyn ran over and shushed him.

"Shh! There are still dinosaurs out here, including Toro and—" Brooklyn couldn't finished because Kenji cut her off.

"Bumpy! Bumpy!"

"We gotta look for her, don't we? And Ben! He might still be—" Sammy said but was cut off.

"How? We don't even know where they are!" Yaz asked before falling to the ground and holding her ankle.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in 60 minutes." A man's voice was heard speaking over the speakers in the distance.

"No chance we could get there in an hour! It's way too far!" Yaz said.

"Not if we leave right now!" Brooklyn denied.

"But Bumpy, and Ben...!" Sammy cried.

"We can't go back for Ben!" Brooklyn yelled. "Ben's.......gone." We were silent as we mourned for Ben.

"There's just not enough time to look for.....We can make it to the ferry, but only if we go now." Darius said.

"Last ferry departs in 60 minutes." The man on the speaker repeated.