Eye of the Storm

I was riding Rexy as she stomped through the forest. We decided we wanted some time alone together since I'm always with the others. We ran through the jungle until Rexy suddenly came to a sudden stop.

"Woah!" I gasped as I nearly fell off. "What is it, girl?" I asked. Rexy growled before slowly approaching a tree. She reached her head up before grabbing something and dragging it out of the tree and onto the ground. I gasped as I seen a dead Parasaurolophus. "What?" I mumbled. It didn't make sense. None of the dinos on the island would drag their victims up a tree. Something caught my eye and I looked at the tree to see these spine-like things sticking out of it. The tree was nearly covered in them. I leant over and grabbed some before taking a look at them. They were a black and grey color and looked like a spine from a porcupine or something. "I have a bad feeling about this. Let's go back to camp, Rexy. And quickly." I ordered. She growled before taking off in the direction of camp.

~~~~~3RD POV~~~~~
While Yaz ran to prepare the boat, Ben and Kenji were gathering supplies to take to the boat. Brooklyn, Darius, and Sammy had just arrived and immediately asked what to do.

"We're here. What can we do?" Darius asked.

"Here." Ben said as he rolled a barrel of water down the slide. Darius caught it while Brooklyn and Sammy caught the bags of food and other supplies Kenji tossed to them.

"Is this it?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yeah, I'll just grab the—" Kenji was cut off when Yaz ran through the door in the fence, panting. "Yaz? Why aren't you at the dock?"

"The surf is way too intense to cast off. Boat's already taking on water. No way to leave until the seas calm down." Yaz explained.

"So, we're stuck?" Sammy asked. "With the Scorpius out there?"

"Avoiding killer dinos is kind of our thing." Kenji said. He was trying to stay optimistic.

"Not like this killer dino." Brooklyn disagreed.

"We've only survived to this long because we know how dinosaurs should act. With the Scorpius Rex on a rampage, all bets are off. Soon.......survival will be impossible." Darius said sadly.

"Don't beat yourself up. There's nothing anyone could have done." Kenji tried to reassure.

"You could have done the one thing I asked you to do. Then we could've made it to the boat." Darius glared.

"Well, I'm sorry I didn't anticipate the new, scarier Franken-dino. My bad." Kenji apologized.

"You said you had everything handled!" Darius said pointedly.

"I did until Ben of the Jungle ran off!" Kenji defended.

"Hey! I didn't ask you to follow me. Besides, whether or not I was here, you could've grabbed more than your bag and hair gel." Ben defended himself.

"That's not fair. He was worried about you." Yaz said.

"Okay, okay. What's important right now is that we come up with a plan." Brooklyn interrupted.

"Well, while we wait for the storm to pass, let's do what we can to shore up the perimeter fence. Just in case." Darius said.

"Uh, guys? Where's Evelyn?" Sammy asked. Everyone's eyes widened before they looked around and noticed the T-Rex girl wasn't anywhere.

"She's out there in the jungle. She went on a ride with Rexy. I didn't realize until now that she hadn't come back." Kenji explained.

"What if......what if something happened to her?" Sammy asked scared.