Stay On Mission

We panted as we ran through the jungle and away from the lab. We were sad that we had to leave Brooklyn.

"Any sign of them?" Yaz panted.

"Not yet." Darius answered. We ran through bushes before jumping over a fallen tree.

"Come on!" I urged. We ran around trees and through bushes before jumping over another fallen tree. We then gasped as we seen light coming from a flashlight behind us. We continued running before stopping to regain our breath.

"I know you can here me!" Hawkes yelled. "Set down the laptop and nobody gets hurt. I won't come any closer. You have my word." Hawkes said.

"He can suck his word." I mumbled as me, Yaz, and Darius pressed our backs together. We glanced around but hid when we heard leaves rustling. We peeked through some leaves to see one of the men with Hawkes walk out with his gun aimed but he gasped when Chaos and Limbo woke up and snarled at him. We had found out that Grim had died because Tiff shot him. Chaos and Limbo snarled at the man before eating him.

"We're heading to the valley to load up the chopper. That gives you about two hours to get there and bring me that laptop. It's the only way you'll ever see your friend again." Hawkes informed before he walked off. We glanced at each other before we ran to the dock. We broke through the trees just to hear Sammy say,

"They can't be. 'Cause they're here!" Sammy yelled as she turned Kenji to look at us. We laughed before racing to hug each other.

"You're okay!" Ben cheered.

"We thought you left on the chopper!" Darius said while we released the group hug.

"Hold up. Where's Brooklyn?" Kenji asked causing Darius, Yaz, and I to look down sadly.

"Wu showed up with some men so he could get his laptop to make more hybrid dinos. We beat them to the lab and stole the laptop. We plan on giving it to the authorities when we make it to Costa Rica so Wu can't make any more dinosaurs. We had made it out when Hawkes, one of Wu's men, had grabbed Brooklyn. She passed the laptop to us and told us 'whatever it takes' before she was forced to let go of the vent by Hawkes. We then had to run from him as he chased us down for the laptop. Luckily we escaped." I explained.

"You left her with them?" Kenji yelled.

"It's what Brooklyn wanted. We just need a plan to get her back." Darius defended.

"Give then the stupid laptop. Plan done!" Kenji yelled.

"It's not that easy. Everything that happened on the island, everything that went wrong, was because of Wu's research." Darius explained.

"If he gets it back, who knows how many more Indominus or Scorpius rexes he'll make?" Yaz pointed out.

"If we don't give it to them, who knows what they'll do to Brooklyn?" Kenji shot back. It was silent after the argument.

"We don't have a choice. We have to give Wu the laptop." Ben said.

"Of course! We'll give it back after we copy and wipe it! We'll get Brooklyn, Dr. Wu gets nothing, and we turn him in to the cops once we reach Costa Rica!" Darius explained.

"Okay. But how do we copy it?" Yaz asked.

"A flash drive! I got one back at Camp Cretaceous!" Sammy said.

"Then let's do this!" Ben cheered while tightening his headband. We started to walk back to camp but I seen Kenji not following and Darius stopped for him.

"Trust me, Kenj, this'll work." Darius assured him before catching up to the rest of us.

~~~~~~~~~~
We had reached camp and immediately started looking for the flash drive Sammy said she had.