Clever Girl

Yaz and Brooklyn were holding a tray against the hole in the boat while Darius was using the sealant Yaz, Ben, and Sammy found in Kenji's penthouse to seal it to the boat. I was watching them from the railing with Sammy and Kenji watching from behind Darius, Yaz, and Brooklyn.

"It ain't pretty, but it should be watertight." Brooklyn said. After Darius finished sealing the hole with the tray, he, Brooklyn, and Yaz stepped back to see if the tray would fall. Lucky it didn't. We all gave a sigh of relief when it didn't fall.

"Dope. Let's leave already!" Kenji said.

"Oh, my gosh, I can't believe it's really happening!" Sammy said while she shook Kenji by his shoulders.

"Buh-bye, Isla Nublar!" Brooklyn yelled.

"We are out of here!" Yaz cheered.

"Hey, hold up, guys." Darius said as he read something on the sealant bottle. "It says here we have to wait 48 hours for it to set." We all groaned at this new piece of information.

"Really?" Sammy asked in annoyance.

"They have to say that for insurance and junk. As your captain, I pronounce this vessel seaworth—" Kenji stopped himself as the tray fell off when he tapped on it. "Um, I've got some captainy stuff to do over there. Carry on." Kenji handed Darius the tray before rushing off.

"One more time." Darius sighed. Brooklyn held the tray again while Darius started to seal it. Sammy then walked up behind Brooklyn.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Sammy asked.

"Kind of busy right now, but—"

"I need your help with something personal." Sammy cut her off nervously. Brooklyn then dropped the tray and turned to Sammy.

"Spill everything." Brooklyn said as she dragged Sammy away. Darius scoffed while holding his arms up. I giggled before jumping down and picking up the tray.

"Come on, Darius. I'll help." I smiled while holding the tray against the hole in the boat. Darius smiled before starting to seal it. Again. We kept sneaking glances at each other before we finally finished and stepped back to see our work.

"Hopefully it stays." Darius said. I placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled reassuringly at him.

"It will. Let's go see what Kenji and Yaz are up to." I said as I nodded my head towards them as Kenji threw a quarter to make a Compy run away. We then walked over just in time to here Kenji say,

"Like my dad always says, 'If you've got a problem, throw cash at it'."

"Kenji, not so sure that's a good idea. You know what you get when you feed a pigeon?" Darius asked.

"A fat pigeon?" Kenji questioned.

"More pigeons. You get more pigeons!" Yaz corrected as she motioned to the many Compies that showed up.

"Then it's a good thing I'm rich. Here you go! You, too. Money! Money! Money!" Kenji said as he threw more quarters to the Compies.

"Dude, you are making it so much worse!" Yaz yelled.

"Fetch! Get the quartets!" Kenji said as he continued to throw quarters. That is, until a Compy grabbed the compass.

"She's got the compass!" Darius pointed out as the Compy took off with it.

"So not good." Yaz commented.

"Not good at all." I added.

"Hey, give that back. Come on! I'll give you two quarters for it." Kenji tried to bargain. He threw the quarters but the Compy with the compass didn't go after them. She just stood and stared at us.