Secrets

(Here you go @Lilman_01 new chapter. I'll post another one after this. Maybe a third one. We'll see how I do.)

Darius started telling Kenji to look in a pile of bones for a raptor skull.

"In the video game, I-"

"You wanna talk about video games now?" Kenji cut Darius off. The pack them screeched are the two boys resulting in Darius falling down in shock and fear. Suddenly the lights turned on temporarily blinding the pack.

"Hey, come and get it!" Roxie yelled throwing meat down which all the raptors but Blue ran to. "Get out of there!" Roxie yelled to the boys. Suddenly Blue got into a pouncing position. In fear of the boys lives I jumped into the pit. "Evelyn!" Roxie yelled at me. I ran in between Blue and the boys. I held my hands out and stood my ground defensively, looking at Blue.

"Blue! Back. Off." I ordered but she only growled at me. "Hey! I said back off!" I yelled and this time she stayed in place. The doors behind Darius and Kenji opened and they were dragged out. Now it was just me and Blue.

"Evelyn, get out of there!" Roxie yelled scared for my life. While keeping eye contact with Blue I slowly started walking backwards with Blue walking forwards.

"Close the inner gate." I ordered. When everyone asked if I was crazy I yelled back. "Just do it!" They reluctantly started closing the inner gate. After it was about a foot or two from the ground I turned and ran to the gate sliding under it before it closed with Blue slamming into it. I then stood and dusted off my clothes before walking outside to the others while ACU (asset containment unit) surrounded the paddock. Roxie ran down the stairs to us.

"Are you hurt? Is everyone alright?" Roxie asked while Kenji was trying to sneak away but got caught by her. "Where do you think you're going? You, Darius, and Evelyn are in big trouble." Roxie said. I understood why I was in trouble. I DID jump into a pen full of raptors.

"I-but he-he was-" Darius stammered. He didn't seem to think it was fair that he was in trouble.

"Save it! We'll decide what to do with you later. If you even get to remain here after a stunt like this." We then drove back to camp where Roxie and Dave interrogated Brooklyn while me, Darius, and Kenji wait in another room. Kenji was popping his lips which was extremely annoying. Darius was fed up with it.

"How could you do something so stupid?" Darius burst at Kenji. I was sitting in a chair away from them, who were sitting on the couch.

"I do a lot of stupid things, so you'll have to be a little more specific than that." Kenji said which resulted in a look from me and Darius. "Girls love a grand gesture, junior. You'll understand when you're older." I scoffed at Kenji.

"Really? 'Cause it seemed like I was the one doing the grand gesture." I said glaring at him. He ignored me continuing his conversation.

"Okey, maybe it wasn't my best idea. Look, I don't wanna get kicked out either. When my dad...my whole life, I've been trying to make him proud. If he finds out that I messed up again, he might...finally give up on me for good." I just stared at him skeptically. 'That's to sentimental for Kenji. Please tell me Darius doesn't bye this excuse.' I thought to myself. The doors opened and Roxie and Dave stormed into the room.

"We have Brooklyn a warning for sneaking out, but what you three chuckleheads(why did Dave call them this?Idk.) did-"

"Especially you, Kenji! You put yours, Darius, and Dave's lives in danger! We should call your parents-" Darius quickly cut Roxie off.

"It was my fault! I jumped into the pit. Kenji was....trying to save me." I could tell it pained him to say Kenji tried to save him.

"Yeah, that's it. I..I was saving the poor, confused little kid." Kenji said. I deadpanned them.