S4 Beneath the Surface

"Are we really off the island or is this a dream?" Sammy asked as she walked around the corner with a tray of food in her hands.

"If it were a dream, I'm thinking we'd have a change of clothes." Yaz answered.

"Ha! What do you mean? I've always wanted a signature look." Ben said causing us to laugh. Brooklyn left to get Kenji while the rest of us took a seat while making ourselves a plate of fruits. I played with my necklace as I ate.

"Hey, E?" Sammy called.

"Yeah?" I asked as I looked up at her.

"I never really asked, but what's with your necklace? I don't think I've ever seen you take it off." Sammy pointed out. I glanced around as everyone, except Brooklyn, Kenji, and Ben, who went to get the 'main course', looked at me.

"It's a T-Rex tooth. More importantly it's the first baby tooth Rexy lost. I use it as a good luck charm. Except the island proved it wasn't really lucky." I explained.

"That's just 'cause we have terrible luck." Sammy said.

"I think it's lucky." Darius spoke up.

"How so? I'd thought that being attacked over and over again by dinosaurs would prove it's not lucky." I commented.

"I still think it's lucky. We stayed alive since the beginning, haven't we? We have survived for 6 months living on a island with killer dinos." Darius argued.

"We've survived against the Indominus, Toro, Baryonyxes, Mitch and Tiff, a bunch of other dino attacks, Pteranodon and Dimorphodon attacks, and the Scorpiuses. That takes an insane amount of luck." Sammy listed off.

"Or we're just that good." Yaz smirked. Brooklyn and Kenji then came around the corner. The second Kenji seen Darius, he glared. Ben then came around the corner while holding a tray.

"And now, for the main course, the plumpest and the juiciest.......Nublar grubs!" Ben announced as he held the tray of grubs out to us.

"Ugh! Ew!" We gasped as we backed away from Ben.

"Hand-selected by yours truly. Thank you for your sacrifice." Ben said before he ate a grub.

"Come on." Yaz groaned as she and Sammy turned away while covering their faces.

"Do you have to do that here?" Darius complained.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I gagged and placed a hand over my mouth. Ben wiped his mouth after he ate the grub before offering the tray to Sammy.

"Well, I guess the least I can do is keep an open mind." Sammy said as she gulped nervously and picked up a grub. She slowly brought it closer and opened her mouth.

"Do it." Ben challenged. Sammy was about to put it in her mouth but she refused and threw it away. But she accidentally threw it on Yaz's head. Yaz yelled and threw it off of her head but she ended up throwing it onto Darius's face. He screamed as he jumped around, looking like he was gonna faint. Ben then took the grub off of Darius's face and ate it. "How you all survived, I'll never know." Ben said. He placed the plate of grubs on the table but Yaz used her foot to push it away from her.

"Okay. No tears or goodbyes until we're sittin' on the plane, but can I just say, look at us. We started as campers, and now, we're-" Sammy was saying but Ben cut her off.

"Immortal."

"Survivors?" Brooklyn asked.

"Exhausted." Kenji commented.

"Free?" I added.

"I was gonna say soulmates." Sammy said. At that word, me and Darius glanced at each other with a smile before we looked back at Sammy.