chapter 54

*Nadia's pov*

I woke up confused as I felt something wet in between my legs,my mind was still groggy as I sat up and realised why I was wet.

Panic entered my brain immediately when I saw the wet patch.

No! No! No!

After pulling the blanket off me I jumped up from the bed quickly not wanting to lay in it for a second longer than needed be and without even realising it I had started crying,how was I supposed to explain this to Lexi?

I'm a mature adult! or well I was a mature adult...

Without even noticing Lexi had walked into the room scaring me when she had touched me on the back making me quickly turn around in shock.

"I'm so so sorry,I'm sorry,I'm sorry" I muttered over and over again to her.

At first she was confused but with my wet shorts and the wet patch on the bed it wasn't hard for her to put the pieces together "it's okay Nadia don't worry it's probably just because of the trauma you went through..." she reassured me hugging me.

I nodded my head to her statement not wanting to tell her the real truth "strip the sheets and put them in the washing machine with your clothes okay?" she asked.

For the first time in months I'd been asked to do something without it sounding patronising...

It felt nice.

Once I had nodded my head she had left the room telling me to go for a shower as well,that was a demand I was not going to protest whatsoever;I felt gross right now.

Sighing I grabbed a clean pair of clothes from the stuff Lexi had brought to the room yesterday and headed to the bathroom that fortunately was close to the room,when I locked the bathroom door I began stripping my clothes off.

Turning the water on I stepped into the shower letting the water soak me.

The water was cold at first but it soon turned into a nice warm temperature which I let wash over myself .

After I had enjoyed the water for a couple of minutes I grabbed the bottle of shampoo that sat on the shower rack and began gently scrubbing it into my hair,even something as simple as washing my hair was not a freedom I had before.

Turns out I had spent longer in the shower than I intended as when i had finally finished showering and gotten dressed in my new clothes 45 minutes had passed.

Unlocking the door I went back to the room where I swiftly stripped the sheets from the bed,I picked them up and grabbed my discarded wet pyjamas as well taking them to the washing machine.

It didn't take long to put them inside and to get the washing machine started.

I walked away going into the living room where Lexi was sat reading a book,my presence made her look up when I sat down beside her.

Instinctively I curled my knees to my chest when I had sat down.

"Are you finally going to give me answers?" she questioned more harshly than I think she had intended,I flinched back at her voice having many unpleasant memories of it "sorry im just itching for answers" Lexi apologised looking down embarrassed.

Exhaling I took a deep breath "I don't really remember much" I said lying through my teeth "you don't remember much?" she inquired.

The nod of my head made her sign "all I really remember is being in an unknown place and then I wasn't...I woke up on the streets and this was the closest place.." I explained.

Yes I was lying but it felt easier than telling her the whole truth,I didn't want her to judge me or think any less of me if she found out how I really spent my months.