chapter 52

*third person pov*

When we walked at the destination I looked at the building was in front of me and I smiled "thank you so much you genuinely don't know how much this means to me" I began thanking the woman profusely.

I gave her 80 dollars insisting she deserved a tip.

Not wasting any time I got out of the car and stood in front of the apartment block.

The building looked just like it was described,the building had a homey type of vibe from it which you could tell from standing outside.

Taking a deep breath in I walked inside and started heading up the stairs until I was almost certain that I had found the right now,it felt like a weight was on my chest when I started trying to find the right door number.

13,14,15

Then finally number 16,below the door was a welcome mat saying 'home sweet home' on it just like it was described.

I knocked on the door and took a step back waiting for somebody to answer the door.

Mentally I prayed that somebody would answer and luckily somebody did but it wasn't who I was expecting it was a man who answered the door "what can I do for you?" he asked sounding impatient "hi uhm does a woman named Cassidy live here?" I questioned.

The man looked at me confused "yes she lives here" he responded,for a moment I felt my heart almost drop down my stomach.

Did she...replace Jaxx..?

"Uhm are you her..boyfriend?" I asked him nervously "I'm her brother why?" he said making me audibly sigh In relief "I have information on her boyfriend Jaxx" I told him and he looked at me with a shocked look.

___________________________

*third person pov*

Cassidys brother had let Nadia inside the apartment after she said that and told her to sit on the couch,he knew it probably wasn't the safest option however Nadia was quite petite and he didn't think of her as any type of threat whatsoever.

"Do you want some water or anything?" he offered the girl who was looking around the apartment seeing everything was how Jaxx had told her it was.

She nervously shook her head "do you know when she's gonna be back?" she asked practically itching to talk to her and finally tell her what had happened.

"She just to the store about so she'll be back soon" he told her.

Nadia nodded and waited patiently resting her hands on her knees as she continued to look around.

It didn't take long for her to hear the door opening and for a woman to step in.

The woman was beautiful with long dark hair and olive coloured eyes that captivated the girls eyesight,she could almost feel herself getting lost in them.

"Who's she?" Cassidy asked confused and slightly mad that her brother let a stranger into their home "Cassidy she said she has information on Jaxx" he quickly explained making the woman drop her bags and walk over to Nadia.

Contrast to what Nadia thought her reaction was gonna be she looked...angry.

"I swear to fucking god if you're lying,I won't hesitate to drag you to the stairs by your hair and to push you down then!" She said violently in Nadia's face who was shocked.

Immediately Nadia began shaking her head "I'm not lying! I'm not lying!" She tried defending herself panicked trying to back up on the couch as much as possible "i can tell you anything about you and Jaxx!" She continued.

This made Cassidy slightly back away "okay then how did me and Jaxx meet?" She asked an easy question feeling slightly bad for the terrified brunette.

"At a college party,you went with your friend and Jaxx saw you there,he told me he thought you were the prettiest girl in the room" Nadia said making Cassidy's face soften as she had tears in her eyes.

She cleared her throat "I'm sorry about how angry I was at first,he's been missing for so long and i uhm..." she stopped "lost hope?" Nadia asked and Cassidy nodded.

Cassidy sat on the couch beside Nadia looking up at her with hopeful eyes.

"How do you know Jaxx?" Cassidy questioned not wanting to spend another second with unanswered questions "we met in...captivity I guess,he kind of took me under his wing" the girl spoke to her as she tried to hold back her own tears.

"One thing to note was this wasn't normal captivity..there was no basements nor torturing...it was different" Nadia told her relieving some of her fears.

Cassidy nodded not wanting to interrupt her "I don't want to go into detail but let's just say it was...painful" she said biting her inner cheek afterwards.

"Where is Jaxx now?" the woman finally opted to speak "he's uhm...hes.."

Nadia didn't exactly know what to tell her,she didn't want to get the woman's hopes up by saying he was alive but she also didn't want to crush her by telling her the complete truth so she chose a different option...

"He's dead" she plainly said "he talked about you all the time,he told me about how he wanted to marry and have kids with you someday" the girl tried making her feel better.

The woman nodded and gave her a shaky smile but the tears in her eyes were obvious.

Truth be told this hurt Nadia to say just as which as it did for Cassidy to hear "he was a good man and if it makes you feel better he went peacefully" she told her,the first part was true however she lied about the second part to calm her.

Too shocked to even speak the woman sat there nodding "it feels so weird seeing you here in person,his description does you no justice" Nadia joked.

Her attempt to lighten the mood had worked somewhat and had made Cassidy chuckle slightly as the tears rolled down her cheek "is it okay if I hug you?" the girl asked.

By no means did she want to invade boundaries however she wanted to help.

Fortunately Cassidy nodded and Nadia engulfed her in a hug,the man who had stood watching the interaction decided to now speak "what's your name you never mentioned it?" He asked looking towards them.

"Nadia ma- Nadia Lourde" she said to him already expecting his reaction "Nadia Lourde? you're the-" he started "dead girl I know" she finished.

This made Cassidy pull away "oh god I've seen your family all over the news,they were devastated" Cassidy told her without even taking a second to think about the words.

This time it was Nadia's turn to tear up which she did.

She nodded "I know,I know" she shakily said keeping on nodding "I'm so sorry do you want me to contact the police or anything?" Cassidy said still shocked by seeing the girl who had been on the news for being dead right here in the flesh.

"No police! Please please don't call the police!" Nadia begged her "okay okay I promise no police" the woman reassured "I'm sorry it's just that the police doesn't help.."

Cassidy nodded not even questioning what Nadia meant by the last statement.

"Is there anything else I could do for you?" She offered.

The girl thought for a second before nodding "can you drive me somewhere?" she questioned not wanting to intrude or ask for too much,this time Cassidy's brother nodded "of course,I can drive you right now" he told her.

A small smile was brought upon the girls face.

___________________________

Authors note

Song suggestion: Lonely Hearts club by Marina

I really like this song! It's upbeat and it's marina's usual theme of humour. I love the bubblegum bitch album so much!<3