Fighting for Tomorrow

Ch.60

Everyone split into their assigned partnerships. The plan was simple enough to follow, but it wasn't guaranteed. There could be more surprise attacks, something could go wrong, and things of that nature. All of you were doing your best to stay positive and trying to trust yourselves. That's all you guys could really do. Just hope that you work well with your partner and that neither of you die while on the mission. That was putting it bluntly. Some people were confident in handling the war with help from a telluric while there wasn't much confidence with one partnership in particular.

It's not that the Jovian didn't trust their telluric teammate. It was the telluric Prince himself who didn't believe himself. He seemed to always doubt his powers and overall abilities when it came to fighting. He's never really had to fight before this whole mess. The only power he had mastered for the longest time didn't even attack others. Then his other power that he recently mastered could actually protect him, but he occasionally panicked. That would make him anxious and he would almost revert back to his old concerns which was frustrating. He was only spitting it out from fear, but he didn't want to be a coward in the middle of a war. There was no time for this behavior.

Get it together, Kim Taehyung! The redhead smacked his face with his hands. He needed to snap himself out of it so he could be useful to Seokjin. The Uranian Prince was all smiles and wasn't complaining about the partner that was picked out for him. Taehyung had no idea why, but he was waiting for Seokjin to suddenly turn on him. With a snap of his fingers, Seokjin would drop the act and become a bitter man. He'd be like 'Ew. You're not that handsome. Leave Jimin alone. He's MY best friend' or something of that sort. Taehyung was waiting for it for so long but nope. Nothing. Not even a dirty look from the purple hair.

It was suspicious and yet Taehyung realized he would be an idiot if he kept waiting for it. Jimin said it to Taehyung a long time ago. There was never a rivalry between them in the first place. It was always in Taehyung's head. It was something his mind conjured up from the pain he felt due to his mother. She wasn't here to compare them. There was nothing to compare. They were two different people. That was something that took Taehyung a long time to understand. He knew better now not to think the way he used to. Even if he was searching for reasons not to believe in himself. He was being irrational and dramatic like he so strongly had been. Wasn't he getting tired?

"Hyung?" Taehyung was staring down at the ground.

The two of them were already on Uranus together. Everyone teleported where they needed to be to handle the war. Taehyung had followed Seokjin, appearing outside of the palace. They were by the gates that were closed to the public. The structure of the palace surprised Taehyung a bit. With how steep the mountains were, he didn't expect such a large building to be on the mountain. There were many other mountains surrounding them that had wooden bridges connecting them. Homes of the citizens were built into the side of the mountains. It sort of terrified Taehyung, the small fear of heights he had making him feel anxious. It didn't help that the wooden bridges looked like they were tied with flimsy rope, swung around, and that he wasn't able to see anything below. There was just fog that made it feel like one would fall into complete nothingness.

"Yeah?" Seokjin turned back to look at the younger. He was already on the move to get away from the palace. He probably didn't want to be seen by his parents or people either. Taehyung didn't really question it as he followed after the older.

"Do you think I can really help you?" Taehyung went to his side. Seokjin's smile grew at this, looking down at the Venusian. He was the same age as Jimin which made him just as adorable. Seokjin threw his arm around Taehyung, pulling the boy close.

"You helped me last time and I know you can do it again!" Seokjin spoke confidently. "Plus, Namjoon is a smarty pants so it should work out for us, right?"