Attempted Studying

Ch.14

It's been a few days since you've had that dream. Luckily, it hasn't returned since you've kept the amethyst crystal underneath your pillow. As long as that stays there then you'll be fine. You considered bringing it up to Sohyun, but you didn't want her worrying. It bothered her that these dreams were reoccurring for you. They came more intense than the last as if you were actually living and breathing them. Those dreams made this real world you're living in no longer the reality. It was actually pretty scary when you really thought about it. They were so strong and it seemed like there was nothing you could do about it besides have a crystal under your pillow at all times. You would have thought those dreams would stay in the past when you were younger.

You didn't dwell on them much longer though. They weren't anything you liked to linger on for too long. It was just easy for your brain to wander onto things when you were trying to study. It felt like your brain wanted to do anything but focus on the work in front of you. Wasn't your brain supposed to love learning and being filled with knowledge or something? Rather than your brain soaking up the information like you would have hoped, it went in one ear and out the other. Your eyes refused to focus on what was on the paper as you looked back on things that didn't matter. Sort of. Your mind wanted to concern itself on the dreams, on what Jungkook wanted, and the cards. Both readings to be exact.

It made you wonder if all of them happened to be connected. What if Jungkook's purpose was to help you understand what your dreams were? What if all the other boys you've met so far were the group the cards told you about? It was something you were open to yet you weren't sure how they would be able to help you. None of them know about the dreams you have and you're only close to Namjoon with Hoseok trying to join your small friend circle. Barely any of them know anything about you. Were you meant to get close to them? In total there were seven boys that you met. After meeting Yoongi, you haven't bumped into anyone new and you were grateful for that. This was overwhelming enough.

Fiddling with the pencil in your hand, you rested your chin in the open palm of your hand. Your eyes didn't focus on the open textbook in front of you explaining genetics in plants. Sorry, Mendel, but genetics just isn't your thing. As you played with your pencil, you eventually puckered your lips up and placed it snuggly between your nose and upper lip. This was the college life. You stared blankly at nothing while other students in the library were either being more productive than you or crying. You didn't know exactly where you were in the spectrum, but it wasn't looking good for you. Though you were playing around without much thought, you snapped out of it when a handsome gentleman took a seat in front of you.

"You look like you're having fun." Seokjin grinned. The pencil rolled off your upper lip as you felt embarrassed in front of him. He wasn't supposed to see you allowing your last brain cell to take over! Blushing bright pink in front of him, you didn't know why you felt so flustered in front of him when he was kind of weird himself. Seokjin grabbed the pencil and placed it above his own lips. He tilted his head at you, getting a chuckle out of you. Well, at least he didn't look like an idiot doing it himself. Seokjin did little poses while keeping the pencil on his face.

"So attractive people make even stupid things look cute. Good to know." You shook your head gently at him. Seokjin let out a little laugh, the pencil dropping from his lips onto the table.

"I'm not attractive." Seokjin denied your words as if you were speaking nonsense. What? You furrowed your brows, staring at him as if he were crazy. He waved his hands while you noticed his ears turning pink.

"You're crazy if you don't realize that you're attractive," You stated as Seokjin vehemently denied your opinion. He continued shaking his head while repeating 'no'. It was hard to make eye contact with him when he was acting childishly like that. You sighed heavily, leaning back in your seat as you crossed your arms. "Fine! Stay delusional! But are you going to help me study?"