24: Warmth

Brodie's Pov:
I feel so... weird all of a sudden. There are so many weird feelings that I am feeling! First off... I just wanna smile so much all the time and play, but at the same time I wanna hide my face and just be alone... alone with Clay, that is. But then again, he makes me feel even weirder! He makes me feel like I'm so tiny and helpless... I don't know how I feel about that either. It's weirder-er.
"Hey Bud, we better think about bed time soon, huh?" Clay gently grabs my shoulder, making me jump a bit.
"Mm?! O-Oh, Yeah... right." I mumble and but slowly blink when I heard myself. It was higher pitched then I usually spoke. I just felt so small at the moment. I bite my lip and look back down.
     "Us as well. You're probably getting so sleepy!" Vicky cooed to Jono, who instantly shot up.
     "N-no!! I'm wide awake!! See?!" He opens his eyes wide with his fingers (lucky), and giggles. "So awake!! Could play forever!"
     "Oh really?" Vicky asked with a raised brow and laugh. "What if we did this," She pulls Jono onto her lap and gently rocked him. Jono instantly pouted.
     "N-Noooo... still 'wake..." he yawns and rests his head against Vicky's chest.
     "Well then. We've been bothering you in your room for so long, I guess it's about time we went to our own." Vicky smiles down at Clay.
     "Oh it's definitely not a problem. We're in this together anyway." He winks and Vicky laughed awkwardly.
     "Alrighty, take care, you two!" Vicky stood up and held Jono on her hip, who was now practically asleep. She makes his hand wave to us and left the room, shutting the door gently.
     I should be... worried?
     "Well then..." Clay looks down at me with a gentle smile. "You ready for bed?"
      But... I was finally alone with him. I didn't have to act the same. I didn't have to be on my guard. They won't hurt us. Jono is gonna be fine with her... right? I don't have to worry...
     "Oh my... you're getting so sleepy already. Come on bud, let me get you into some comfy clothes first..." he pulls me onto the side of the bed and gently took my top off.
     His hands are so warm. I like all the warmth. It's so calming. I don't need to worry... I'm warm here.
     "Oh gosh- it looks like we haven't taken any loads to the wash yet." He sighs. "Well then..."
     But then... he walked away from me. And I don't like that. I want to feel the warmth. He can't just take it away from me so suddenly!! That's not fair!
     "Alright. I know it isn't that great but I got you my jacket and some sleep shorts we'll have to make do-. Brodie? Oh no- buddy what's wrong?" He quickly drops the clothes and sat with me.
     I quickly go into the warmth, and felt even hotter tears roll down my cheeks. I was a sobbing mess. I latch onto him with my arm wrapped around him. I didn't want to let go. I don't want it to leave.
     "Calm down, its gonna be alright, I promise, just relax." He whispers to me and held me close, looking a bit surprised.
     "N-No!!" Were the only words I could let out. "Stay!" I held onto him tighter.
     He looked puzzled for a moment before slowly smiling and hugging me. "I know, I'm sorry... I just gotta get you into some comfy clothes, okay? You must be getting so tired." He plants a small kiss on my forehead. That made me feel warmer than ever before. He gently held me on one side of his lap and slipped his jacket onto me, and the shorts.
     I sniffles and hiccup. "N-not fair..." I mumble.
     "What isn't fair?" He pulls me back into his chest and runs his fingers through my hair.
     "When they take my warmth a-away." I look up at him and whimper gently.
      He was silent for a moment before gently planting a small peck on my lips. "I promise you, Brodie, you aren't going to loose your warmth again. I'm gonna be right here, okay?"
My cheeks heat up and I slowly nod. I know he's gonna protect me. I'm safe with him. I don't need to worry about anything or anyone. I let out a small yawn and shut my eyes.
"You're so sleepy, huh?" He lays down and held me on top of himself. "I know you don't like hearing this, but you are seriously so cute and handsome." He gently rubs my back.
I open my eyes and blush a bit more, trying to hide my face so he wouldn't see.
"I'm so proud of you too. You've become so close to recovering from this injury, and you've learned to trust me and, and you're really starting to stick with all this." He sets me next to him, but I still held onto him.
I felt a pacifier slide between my lips, but I didn't fight it off. It felt nice to just sort of chew on.
"You were biting your lips, silly. Don't do that." He chuckles gently. "This whole reboot thing is so crazy... I honestly am so scared about what's gonna happen... all I know are those words. Reboot, restart."
I liked the way he talked. It made me feel even more sleepy. His voice was so gentle. I like all the gentle things, because the make me feel even warmer.
"I don't feel that afraid telling you this stuff now... you're basically asleep. Just... I need you to find out how to be little one way or another. I know it's a lot to ask and I've put you through so much... but I only want you to do it so I can keep you safe."
I close my eyes and cuddle into him more. I pull some blankets closer to myself as well. This is the best I've felt for the longest-longiest time.
"I'm not supposed to... but Brodie?"
It's all so soft. So warm.
"This has gone beyond the plan... I think I'm catching feelings. Not the feelings Victoria warned me about where I feel the need to keep you like a baby..."
I don't want this to end. I don't ever want to be cold again.
"I love Brodie..." he sighs and blushes, his body relaxing into the bed and looking at me. "You're the best therapist I've had ever. And that's because I know I can talk to you without you knowing." He smiles and pokes my pacifier. "Oh... you must be asleep. That's good... sleep we-"
"Love... daddy..." I mumble and felt the fuzzies come to me. I fell asleep there. This has been the best night of my life since her.

~~~~~
Shout out to all of you practicing social distancing!! Be sure to keep it up! The more we do the sooner we can go out and see one another again!