15: Missing

Vicky's Pov:
     I walk over to the bed at the end of the room to see Clay asleep in bed with my baby. Or, well, Jono. He's not mine, or a baby... but, he is a baby... I don't understand this. I've been confusing myself much more then I need to be.
     Anyway, I study the two with a gentle smile for a moment before blinking twice and lifting a brow, examining it a bit more. Where had that one armed boy gone? Clay must have let him get away!!
     This is much bigger of a deal then one might think. If he reports back to his home base about anything, ANYTHING at all, we are toast!! I gasp when I allow my head to process this and grab Clay, careful to not wake Jono.
     I shake Clay violently and pull him out of the room. Once out, and seeing his eye lids reveal his soft grey eyes, I practically start to scream in his face. "How long have you been asleep?!"
     He mumbles a bit and rubs his eyes. "What Time is it...?"
     I check a clock that was nailed to the wall. "16:47, now answer my question idiot!!" I smack him and glare.
     He blinks twice and sighs. "Like, an hour maybe...?"
     "AN HOUR?!" I scream even louder then I was before, at the time not even caring if I woke Jono.
     He pushes my head back a little. "Vicky, you need to calm down and tell me what's the matter..."
     "Calm down?! Why don't you look around for a moment!!" I snap back fiercely. This was ridiculous!! His little object thingy was missing!
Clay rubs his eyes and yawns, stretching for a moment and looking around the room. He looks down at Jono, then blinks twice. "...Where's Brodie?"
I facepalm. "What do you think I'm panicked about, idiot?"
He takes a moment to process this and shouts, grabbing his coat and throwing it on.
I roll my eyes. "You know I'm not going to look with you."
"That's fine, just keep watch of Jono! I'll be back as soon as possible!" He yells while stuffing his feet into his boots with the fur. (Haha I'm not sorry-).
     I watch him run out the door and hold Jono close, not really sure what to do now. I look down at him to see pure worry and panic spread across his face. He had a tear slipping down his cheek. I quickly take my thumb and wipe it off, watching as he looks up at me.
     "...Will Brodie be okay...?" He asks nervously and fiddles with his thumbs.
     I sigh and kiss his forehead. "Baby, you'll be safe no matter what, I'll protect you." I smile and point to the guns next to the bedside.
     He whimpers loudly and starts to try and move away from my hold. "Y-you don't understand what I'm asking, will Brodie be okay?" He asks with a slight hint of more panic.
     I sigh. I didn't want to lie to him, since I wasn't really sure. "You'll be fine."
    "No!! Will Brodie, not Jono, not me, will BRODIE be okay?!" He shakes and gets out of my grasp, looking at me with wide eyes and his teeth clenched.
    I let out a groan. "Jonathan... I... I don't know..." I look down and sigh, sitting back on the bed. The springs bounce around a bit, since we couldn't really afford nice beds.
     He looks at me a moment before sitting with me and hugging my side. I felt... sad. Sad that Brodie was missing. And for some reason, really worried. I was getting much to attached to these boys for my comfort. I need to break away.
     I push Jono off and stand up. "I'll be back... stay here." I mumble and leave the room, looking back to see his face ready to cry once I shut the door.
     I wanted to run back in, to hug him tightly and remind him everything's gonna be okay... but that's not going to happen. I felt guilty, but what other choices did I have?

~~~~~

Yeah school is long, unlike this chapter,,, sorry y'all. Hope you have a good day,,, if I could upload more I would,,,