3: Dog Tags

?????'s Pov:
     I look down at the man in my arms and sigh. Clay would most likely kill me if I didn't get him patched up. I gaze at him for a little while longer, not sure if I was examining the bullet hole of his small frame. He didn't weigh much at all in my arms, had dirty blonde hair, an open mouth making a little 'O' shape in his sleep which I personally thought was adorable... wait, no I didn't. As soon as he is healed and awake he's going to try and kill me. But then again, he is so tiny and cute...
     No. I glare at him as I lay him down on a nurses table. I pull up his shirt and look at the bullet hole more closely. The shirt was covered in blood and ashes. Mine was bloody but, not so dirty. He smells disgusting. I call in a tall nurse. She looks at me and nods without a word, knowing that whatever I give her will have to be healed up. She didn't question me aloud but I could tell she was on the inside.
     As she begins to add ointment to him to kill off some pain, I walk back in the other room to see Clay practically cradling the slightly taller enemy, who was crying into him.
     "... Vicky, where is he?" He whispers to me with a disappointed look.
     "He is with the nurse, who is fixing his wound." I shrug and walk over. "What are you doing?" I look at the black haired boy in his arms.
     Clay looks down and sighs. "He was upset so I started to do this and his screaming stopped and he didn't cry as much. He seems rather sleepy." Clay smiles and pushes his chin up. "Are you sleepy?" He asks in a soft tone.
      The boy shakes his head no and glares at me. "Wh-where is he?! I need to see him now!!"
     "Just like I said before, don't even try and take control here, I can make sure he dies if you act that way." I glare back, only to get a dirty look from Clay. I sigh and roll my eyes before softening my eyes and walking over. "The nurses are performing surgery on him, how about we go and see him after that's done?" I almost cringe at my voice, not really liking the way I spoke to him. Mostly because they were against us.
     He looks up at Clay then grumbles. "Fine... but if I-"
     Clay pushes his thumb into his mouth. "Quiet now, little one." The solider looked upset a moment before he starts to suck on it and calm down, relaxing a little more in his arms.
     "So. Anyway Clay," I sigh. "We need to discuss what we are gonna do with these two after."
     "Yes, we should..." He looks down at him, seemingly to be thinking deeply.
     "Well, we can't just hand them back..." I mumble as he smiles and nods. The boy was now asleep.
     "Brodie..." He whispers.
     "What?" I look at him as he pulls a dog tag from his neck up to my view. It read 'Brodie J. Advils, #10739'
     I study it a minute before nodding at him. "That's... interesting."
     Clay nods and smiles. "It's a cute name..."
     I sigh. "Clay, we are in war, these are our enemies, they're going to try and kill us at any chance they can get."
    "Vicky..."
     "Don't you Vicky me Clay. They are going to have to... how do I make this sound better then it is... go, as in, leave Earth, forever..."
     Clay looks at me, then down at Brodie. "I'm sorry Vicky, but I can't let that happen." He carries him out the room and shuts the door in a gentle angry kind of way. He was frustrated that we couldn't keep these two small soldiers.
     Clay becomes attached to things very fast, whenever we get a load of the bodies of passed away soldiers, you can always see his calm self's cheek have at least a single tear. He cared for everyone, it was amazing, really.
     Sometimes it seems as though I don't care but honestly, I'm gonna miss my boy. The boy who I don't even know the name of yet.
     I walk into the room and check on the nurse's work thus far, she had gotten the bullet out and was just fixing up the wound. I walk over, and grab his dog tag. 'Jono B. Pickens, #00319' "...He was in this so early..." I gasp.
     The nurse looks at me and lifts a questioning brow before shrugging and continuing her work.
     I sigh and ruffle his hair before leaving the room.

===============

These are fun to write! I'm bad at cliff hangers lol. Feel free to leave constructive feed, and thank you for reading!