6: A daddy?

Clay's Pov:
So... small... so... cute...
I had placed Brodie down in my bed and was preparing a quick meal. After the meal I would get him changed into something less dirty and maybe a bath. But then again his arm is pretty bad; I'll have to ask a nurse for help with the arm to see what I should do with it.
Brodie glares up at me, curled up and sniffling. I sigh and walk over, holding a bowl of cooled down instant ramen, some baby carrots and cut up seasoned pork. I set it down on the table next to my bed and go to heat up a glass of milk. He continues to watch my every move.
I walk over and set the milk on the table and sit next to him. I smile gently and grab the plate of baby carrots and pork, using a fork and stabbing at a carrot, holding it up to his mouth.
"You didn't poison this, did you?" He moves his face away and lifts a brow.
I let out a small laugh. "You saw me make it, I'll eat anything you want me to if you need proof; but I want you to eat up. You seem hungry." I poke at his belly causing a loud giggle to escape him.
He covers his mouth and blushes. "O-Oh gosh..." he mumbles behind his hand and looks down.
I smile. "What's wrong Brodie? It's not bad if you're extra ticklish!!" I chuckle softly and move my hands closer to him.
"Don't you dare!!" He Inches away and huffs.
I push him down and start to tickle his sides, causing loud giggles and snorts to come from him.
"A-Ah!! N-no please stop!!" He shouts as he squirms and kicks.
I pull away and smile as I stick a baby carrot in his mouth. He eats his food quietly. It was good to see him laugh a bit, he was too tense. He didn't seem to mind me feeding him, I'm not even sure if he noticed, that it was strange or anything. It seemed natural, he payed no thought to it.
     Once he was done, I lift him up again. "Alright baby, let's go ask a nurse for some help!!" I smile and bring him to a red haired nurse with blue eyes.
     "Baby...?" He mumbles.
     "What? What about baby?" I cock my head.
     "You... you just called me a baby..." he mumbles.
     "I did? I'm sorry, I didn't mean too..." This time makes it twice. I have unintentionally called him baby. It was awkward but, it really didn't feel all that wrong...
     "Umm, you... you know it's fine." He grins awkwardly at me.
     I smile and ruffle his hair. It was nice that he was trying to be somewhat comforting.
     "Hello?" The nurse walks over and looks at his stub of an arm. "Wondering about this? Whoever patched it up did a decent job."
     Brodie rolls his eyes and smiles. I wonder what he was thinking about.
     "Yup! That's right, so if I were to give him a bath, what should I do with it?"
     She shrugs. "For the next two weeks, I would keep it in a little plastic trash bag when showering, but I could replace that with a new set of bandages and medicine to his arm if you would like."
     I smile and nod. "That would be appreciated."
     Brodie looks at her, then at me with confusion hidden by an angry look. He was trying to look intimidating but he really just looked like an angry puppy who couldn't walk up the stairs.
"Alright shall I take him to another room?" She reaches to grab Brodie.
"I will stay with this man, thank you very much." He jumps down and hides behind me, using me like a wall while looking at me.
     "Clay please tell this... thing to let me take him!! Why are we even caring for him in the first place?!" She groans in frustration and tries to grab him yet she had little luck.
     "Clay, tell this lady I'm not going with her!!" He glares, using my new found name.
     I push her back a bit and pull Brodie close. His arms were folded and he looked frustrated.
     "It's okay, how about I go in with you?" I smile gently.
     He opens his mouth to make a snarky remark before shutting it and slowly nodding with his head hung.
I smile and bring him inside the nurse's room. It was small and cozy, yet this lady kept it clean for sure.
Brodie held my hand tightly, looking around the room nervously.
I see the nervousness and choose to play with him a bit. "Hmm, I wonder how tall you are!!" He smiles and brings me to the measuring marks on the wall. I push him against it and set my hand a top his head. "You are...." I hold the e for a moment. "5'9 and a half!! Awesome job Bro!!" I chuckle and clap for him.
"Why am I so short?!" He kicks the wall gently to vent out some anger. He opens his mouth to say something but the nurse walks in. "Let's see him now..."
His grip gets even tighter as I bring him inside.
"Please get on the table." The nurse instructs.
Brodie looks down and gets on the table, holding my hand and fidgeting with his feet, swinging them around the place.
She walks over with a syringe. "I'm sorry but we will have to inject this into the muscle."
Brodie's breaths get much louder. I pull him into my chest and whisper soothing words to him as it gets injecting inside him, causing him to yelp and whimper.
I nod and smile. "There we go good job... aww you poor thing it's okay..." he looks up st me with tears running down his cheeks
Once it was over, she applies ointment, wraps it up and gives it a gentle pat.
"Good Job Brodie!! Can you give me a first bump?" I grin and hold my fist out.
He rolls his eyes and complies, punching my fist. "Ah!! Ow I've been wounded!!" He gasp and fall over sarcastically at my hit.
He gasps and awkwardly laughs. "O-oh no...!!"
I open one eye to see the nurse smiling down at us with her hands on her hips. I grin and wave at her, sitting up and picking Brodie up. "Thank you once more."
She nods and whispers into my ear. "Keep that little boy safe, he's perfect and adorable. You're a Good Daddy." She smiles and shoos us out of her room.
I smile at Brodie, getting a smile back as I walk to my room, curiously clogging my mind. Little boy? Me a daddy? This was all so confusing.

==============

Hope you all enjoyed again lol. Thanks for reading.