7: Pacifier

Vicky's Pov:
He was shaking and on the verge of tears. I had taken Jono into my room with me and he did not look happy. I wasn't sure why, he seemed fine earlier. He started to hiccup and sniffle. I look down at him and frown gently, grabbing s box of tissues on bed bedside.
     "Jono sweetheart, what's wrong?" I ask in a gentle voice and wipe the new tears coming down his cheeks, then hold another to his nose.
     He grabs the new one near his nose and blows at it. "I-I can't tell you, y-you're going to kill h-him- I-I mean us a-anyway..." he stutters and curls up into an even tighter ball.
     I think for a moment. "Why would we kill you? What wrong have you done?" I gently begin to rock him, being careful of his rib.
     "I-I don't understand anything right now!!" He cries out. "Y-you hurt us and then treat us so nicely and it's just so confusing!!" He squirms. "L-let me go!!"
     I shake my head. "I think you need another nap, Jono."
     "That's when you're gonna kill me!!" He squirms. "You've killed him already, but you might not have, I need to save him now!!" He kicks around.
     I let out a gentle sigh and hold him close, bouncing him around. "Tell you what, if you take a nap now I promise I'll bring him to you." I smile gently.
Jono shakes his head no and screams loudly. "Bring me Brodie!!!" He kicks more and sobs.
I growl and smack him across the face. "Shut up please!!!" I was getting more and more frustrated. Who knew soldiers could be this immature?! A regular solider would bribe there way out or something, right? What was this?!
I feel a sharp pain on my nose as it starts to bleed, I look down to see some of the blood on his fist. He gasps and slowly pulls his fist down and grins nervously.
I throw him down on the bed and smack him across the face. "You!!" I glare. "You Sir and stay here while I go clean myself up!!" I smack him again causing him to let out a small yelp. I run to the nearest bathroom, assigning a guard to stand in front of my door as I quickly clean it up.
     I knew it wasn't broken, but it was still bleeding. There is no way I'm letting him see that Brodie if this is how he is going to act. I grumble and after eight whole minutes, it stopped.
     I throw out my last paper towel and walk to my room. The guard pointed to the sleeping boy on the bed. "Cried himself to sleep, ma'am."
I nod my head. "Thank you." I wave him off and walk inside, covering him in the blankets. "Sleep well, buddy." I smile and back away slowly, sitting down on my little chair and checking some stats of the war. Each side was about equal in chances of winning, in accordance to my data base. I let out a breath of air and take out a little notebook and pen, staring at Jono a minute.
     "...we can't kill them, we can't give them back... but they can't take up all the resources..." I shrug my shoulders and choose to put the guard back in front of my room as I go to Clay's room.
     I knock on the door and hear gentle shuffling before seeing the tall grey eyed man open the door. "Yes?" He asks and cocks his head.
     I smile. "Hi Clay, mind if we chat?"
     He sighs and nods. "Just Not in here, i just put Little Bro down for a nap..." he points to a sleeping solider with a missing arm... with one detail that caught my eye. He was gently sucking on a pacifier.
     I stare at it for a moment before Clay waves his hand in front of me. "Umm, Hello?" I shake my head quickly and look at him in confusion.
     "Why is there a pacifier in his mouth, Clay?!" I whisper and grumble.
     Clay simply shrugs. "He was grumpy and I Soon as I put it in, he calmed down. It was pretty magical honestly." He chuckles softly.
     A pacifier... no wait, a pacifier?! Why would anyone in there right mind give someone a pacifier to calm them down?! Especially here?! An infantile item just given to him randomly!! I just didn't understand Clay's choices sometimes, but oh well.
     I roll my eyes and grab his hand, dragging him around the hallway with him after assigning a guard to his room. "I can't believe you sometimes Clay, what gave you that idea?!"
     He lets out a breath of air and sighs. "Well, There was a nurse..."
     I lift a brow questioningly. "A nurse?"
     "Yes, a nurse, she said something about him being a little boy and me, being a... a daddy?"
     I open my mouth a bit in shock, jaw dropping. A daddy? Clay, a Dad?

Hey everyone!! Sorry for all the notifications if you're getting them... just wanted to change some real quick things on my story since I'm still working on my writing skills!! Thank you for reading, and your new chapter will be out shortly!!