Chapter 26 - My Home

ALTHEA'S POV

Is it just me or she look kind off nervous? It's very entertaining to see her on edge though. Apparently this mansion has its own garden for us to be alone. I was just looking at the flowers that blooms. It's been so long I've seen something close to Godly miracle like this. Something that only nature can do and nothing science can achieve.

"How's nature in your opinion?" She asked. Seriously? She thinks I'm a cyborg? That's funny. "Well, it's incredible. Better than any hi-tech science can mustered up." Her giggling sound so cute in my ears. "What's your name? I mean you full name?" I asked. "Irina Audra. Well, originally. Now I'm Irina Volin."

Audra... those boys I killed in the Game, my comrades they kill. I am talking to the person who killed Karena, Hynera's 'father'. How cliche it is that that person are the one that save me from the person that has been experimenting my body since I was little.

"Hey, you were distance. What's wrong?" I felt her presence near me. Her scent fills my nostril. "I'm okay. Well, you should answered my question back in Vörös." I said and sat on the stone bench overlooking the garden of red roses. "Which question is that?" She asked. "Why you willing to risking your own life to save me, Hynera and the others."

There she goes again, scratching her head and looking away from me. Why is it so hard to say her reason? Does it have any connection with her feelings for me? If that's the case, it would be a required love for me. I chuckled mentally. "So?" She sighed. "I just have the need to do so. That's all." That doesn't even explained anything.

"After learning your name, you must be one of the top guns of Audra Academy, correct? Seraphim Blade to be exact?" Her eyes widen at my discovery. "How did you know?" She asked with curiosity. "We had sex remembered? I saw all of your scars and old incision. I heard about a student from Audra that was on verge of dying and if that student live, she might be paralysed."

She was intrigued. She didn't say anything so I continued.

"But to our shock, the news that that student still standing after that incident, the scientist in Vörös tried to create someone like her." She looked down to her knees. "Well, thank Vanessa for that." She chuckled. Vanessa Christ? One of Volin's top assassin? I heard that she's taking a medical course but to actually manage to replaced every broken bones in a human body, that's something extraordinary.

"Yes, I am Seraphim Blade. The one and only." Hmmm, why would someone as strong as her wanted to save me? Maybe I should try another approach. I wrapped my arms around hers and laid my head on her shoulder. Her body shudders and I can hear her heart beating fast. I snickered. So thats how she feel about me?

"Do you think we live in cruel world?" Her question got me thinking. I am not happy about what's been happening to me but, there's always a good and a bad side of everything. The bad is my daughter's is under someone's research project but the good part, my daughter's exist.

"Well, yes. The world is cruel because it's a host for some of the most insane people you'll ever met." I hope that explained everything. "Are you mad that I killed your lover?" My lover? As far as I know, I never dated someone except for my late boyfriend. "What do you mean? As far as I know, he's dead. The chairman kill him."

"Kill him? Why?" Well, she did save me from them. "Yes, they did. He was one of those young scientists, who just graduated. He's really funny and never fail to bring some weird food for me to taste. It was too late for me to save him. That was 2 years ago." When I pulled away, her eyes were on me.

"Karena is not your lover?" I shake my head no.  "She's my best friend and... Hynera's 'father' if you know what I mean. She's special." Irina looked down. "Does the others... belongs to her too?" I slowly nodded. "So I kill their father? What a shame. You have every right to kill me." She's feeling guilty of her doing?