Chapter 21 - Espionage

THIRD PERSON POV

-Volin's Hospital Wing-

Evara walked the hallways towards Zoya's room with heavy heart. She's not ready to meet her but she have to see her with her own eyes. Faina told her that she's on verge of dying. But, maybe, just maybe, knowing Evara are there to see her, she may have a little strength to live again.

Evara took a deep breath before turned the knob into Zoya's room. What she saw was devastating. She never seen Zoya so defenceless like this before. Without knowing, tears began to flow from her eyes to her cheeks. She know, this whole thing happened because of her. She never care to even understand Zoya's feeling like Athena did to Varvara.

She was too selfish to only think about herself. Wires were all over body, a machine was keeping her breathing properly. She's a soldier that lost her will to fight and live. Evara sat on the chair next to her bed and rest her head on Zoya's arm. "Why did you do such thing! You should wait for me to complete my mission first."

Evara took Zoya's cold hand. "Don't leave me. You promise to be there remember. How could you do this to me, Zoya. How could you. I swear, if you die on me, I'll torment your soul with dark magic." Evara heard someone chuckled by the door.

When Evara looked up, Zoya's mother was standing there with a bouquet of red roses. "Mrs Lev. I'm sorry." Evara stood up and wiped her tears from her cheek. "It's okay Evara. Sit, talk to her. Who knows, the voice of the person she love will cure her." Evara was astounded by what Zoya's mother has said. She knew about it?

"Zoya never could hide anything from me. Same like her brothers. They're so easy to read." Mrs Lev chuckled. "She never talk about anyone other than you. That too made me realised she's in love with her best friend." Mrs Lev went to replaced the withered roses. "She love this kind of flower, you know."

Evara caressed Zoya's cheek. "What's her condition?" She asked. "The doctor manage to drained the poison from her body. She didn't consumed that much amount that could kill her. She was lucky her brothers decided to check up on her that day too." Evara nodded. "Why is she in a coma? Any reason?" Mrs Lev shrugged.

"The doctor can't explained it. Using that machine, she's training her to breath on her own. By the way, isn't The Game is currently happening? Why are you here instead completing your mission?" Mrs Lev asked. "Varvara sent me home. She said I will not be a helping hand if I kept on feeling depressed." Mrs Lev tilted her head.

"Why are you depressed?" She asked. Evara sighed. "Because it's my fault she's like this." Mrs Lev sighed. "It's nobody's fault. She's probably just thinking she can't live anymore knowing the only reason she's holding on, rejected her. Remember Evara, every human being has the right to choose someone to love, to hate, to support each other."

Mrs Lev went to Evara's side.

"You have the rights to be with whoever you want. I'm sure Zoya will wake up. Don't worry too much." She tried to comfort Evara's feelings. As much as she want to blame her, she can't do that for this woman is the love of her daughter's life. "Have you eaten?" She asked. Evara shake her head.

"I have no desire to eat. I'll stay back and take care of her. You can go home." Mrs Lev nodded. "I'll ask the boys to bring some food for you as well. We don't want two sick people now, can we?" Evara smiled. Mrs Lev excuse herself and closed the door. Evara laid her head on the bed and close her eyes for a bit.

When she felt her body being shake, she woke up and rubbed her eyes. She saw two guys that look almost the same. This must be Zoya's brothers. "Mother wants us to send you this food. We never dream of meeting the person who's responsible for our sisters action like this." Evara didn't say anything.