Chapter 14 - The Truth

EVARA'S POV

Ugh. Stupid heart. Why do you have to be so fragile! When I watched her talking to her phone while cleaning her gun with that toothbrush, my hands just want to confiscated that phone and yell at Natalya for owning her head. Athena suffered the same feeling but she can't do anything about it because it's her sister.

Varvara sighed heavily when she entered the dorm. "The nuns want to see us. All of us." Athena and I looked at each other before turning to Irina who's now listening to some music with her headphones. Varvara patted her shoulder and she turned off the music. "The nuns wants to see us. All of us. Is this a bad thing or a good thing?" She asked her older sister.

"Both. A bad thing because they probably wanted to investigate about us. It's a good thing because we can finally see what's going on inside the lair of that so call follower of God." Varvara seems to remembered about something and reached for something from her pocket.

"Hey sis, this came to you via Tabitha. She said it's someone you may know." Is that a piece of paper? What is that? Irina reached for it and read the content. She smiled widely. It's must be a love letter. "It's a letter from the devil herself. She said it will be an amazing feeling to have me as her enemy in The Game."

"Are you saying Audra sending its own student in the Game?" Irina nodded. "This is fun. Now we have to complete this mission. We just have to." In other words, she want to show them how she come through? I ignored them and reached for my phone when I heard a text just came. Oh.. it's Zoya.

Since she confessed, she hardly text me after that day. But somehow she did today. I was shocked when she send me a picture of Sir in the casket. Apparently he's dead. If he's dead, does that mean I'm.... free?! I'm finally free! But wait, is this her doing?? Is Athena responsible for this happiest day of my life?

She seem busy now but I'll make sure to ask her in the future. "If you all ready, we need to meet them. Now." I sighed and stood up as I kept my phone in my blazer pocket. Athena too stood up and fixed her dress. Irina fold the paper and kept it inside her jacket and we all followed Varvara out of the dorm.

I hate to think that we're actually walking into the nuns trap. But whatever it is, I know we can manage. We've been training for this type of mission since the day we choose to be in this line of work. But, I do a slight fear in my body. What if they kill us? Or worse, torturing us all day and night before killing us for good.

"Are you alright? Your shaking." Athena asked. "I'm okay. I feel happy and worried at the same time. I wish my body would stop sending me mixed signal every now and then." I chuckled forcefully. "It's okay to feel fear though. It helps us to be human for a change." Athena replied.

"She's right. Fear, sadness, worries, it helps. Since our work force us to witness unimaginable things that a human can do, those feelings somehow, manage to let us stay sane. Every kill we did, every enemies we made, that lifestyle, will kill us." Irina added. She seems wise for a pervert.

"Ugh..." I looked up to Varvara. No wonder she's grumpy, the priest is there, waiting for us. "I can't wait to kill him." Athena mumbled behind me. "Oh.. welcome fellow educator to one of the main quarters. Please come in. I'm sorry I can't join you ladies in this little gathering, I have some business to attend to." I hate to see this faker.

Hearing him being all  holy and innocent make me want to vomit even more! The senior nun greeted us by the door and asked us to follow her inside. Every nun that we passed greeted us with a smile. A mischievous smile to be precise. I wondered what make them so happy. The nun lead us to a huge room with luxurious looking dining table and chairs.

So this is where the money go to huh. They're using it for their own gain! Such insolent, using the innocent and holy exterior of being a follower of God this way. They all should be ashamed of themselves for this atrocity towards the helpless tenant.