Chapter 9 - Fear

EVARA'S POV

I tightened the bandages on Irina's arm and I enjoy watching her flinched. How can she be so stupid to stopped a bullet with her limb. That's so reckless! "Evara.. you're going to kill her if that's how you treated her wound." Athena spoke out. I don't care. She's always endangering herself for the sake of others. Why can't she think of herself for a change.

"All done." I smiled and simply patted her wound. Irina closed her eyes while rubbing her arms. "You should know better than to injuring yourself. You old wounds haven't even heal yet." She sheepishly smiled at me. "It's just my instinct, telling me to protect everyone. Maybe it's in my gene to be protective."

"Since we're in Athena's room..." I turned to my ex. "Can you please tell your sister not to spy on us." Athena is confused as ever but when she looked at her door, Zinovia, Natalya and Annushka looked into the room, whispering something. "DONT SPY ON US!" Athena scream and startled them all. "I thought you all been gone by now."

"I have no concert to prepare for." Zinovia mentioned.

"My business can take care of itself." Natalya added.

"My fiancée went to Prague for a business trip." Annushka smiled at us.

They walked in and leaned in to Irina who's laying on this majestic bed. "I wonder." Zinovia said and grabbed her hands. "I know she's talented but what does it take for that girl to make it all possible." I am confused. What does she meant by that.

"She turned you to this being. Don't you feel pain?" Natalya sat next to her side. "I do feel pain. I can resist them far more better than other human if that's what you mean." What being? She's human herself. I felt someone touched my shoulder. "Hey, cook something. Remember that Borscht soup you made for me." I nodded.

"I'm sure Irina will feel better." Athena smiled at me and ushered me out of her room. I sighed and went to the kitchen. "What are you doing here?" Somebody asked me. When I turned, it's Gustow. "What does an Artem want from us?" He asked and face me. "Athena wants me to cook something for Irina."

He never liked me. After he knew my mission was to kill Athena, he disliked me to the core. "Oh really? Are you going to poison us all? Maybe you're here to finish your mission." Suddenly something flew towards Gustow's forehead and he bend down as he rubbed his forehead. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" He yelled at the person behind me.

"Your the oldest of the Vladimir siblings, have manners." It's Natalya. "Come on Evara. Let's go to the kitchen. I'll help you out." Come to think of it, Natalya always have my back when I'm still dating Athena. "Ignore that boy. He's being childish." She said when we both in the kitchen. "I'm curious about something." I voiced out.

"What is it?" She asked while filling the pot with water. "If you're here, who's taking care of the business back home?" She proceed to the stove and turned it on. "My girls will take care of business while I'm here. They're really reliable if I need them too." Girls? I thought her club has a host as well.

"Sometime the man is not reliable enough for me to trust upon. The girls promise to take care of stuff if not..." she looked up to me with a smile. "I'll punish them, sexily." She winked at me. That's Natalya for you. She can seduce anyone, anytime. Her looks are beyond and her hot body just screams perfection.

She's truly one of the many woman that could easily sweep you off your feet. "How are you, Evara?" She asked. "I'm fine. Just recently I feel trouble but nothing I can't handle." I smiled. "Athena is right. You are a bad liar. She told us about Empire. I, including Zinovia and Annushka will help you. After what happen, remember, we promise to have you back, correct?" Oh Natalya.