Chapter 6 - Secrets

IRINA'S POV

"Don't be fooled by their exterior. They are trained assassin from the Europe division. They do looked like a group of 10-12 years old girls and boys but trust me, they are killers." Varvara said to me. Apparently she invited me to her mansion for dinner but I can see she's trying tell me about the people who joining The Game.

"Sis, I know them. They're from Gloriana Private Academy. I bump into one of them when I was in Europe. They are hardcore girls and boys if I may add." Varvara took a sip of her drink. "Are you going to be in the game?" She nodded. "Always and will be. I never lose before. Why should I back out now."

Good point. "Irina. Why not telling everyone you're my sister? I mean it's about time I have a big sister around. But I can't even act like one." I chuckled. "Varvara, we're in this mansion having dinner. That's the best sisterly love I received for years."

"How are you and Evara? Any progress?" I was confused by her question. "What kind of progress do you mean?" She winked. "You know. Did you two kiss? Hug? Slept together? Do I need to draw you a picture?" I shake my head. "Why would I be kissing, hugging and sleeping with her?" She face palm herself.

"You two are married." Again with this marriage thing. "Varvara. We're not married. She didn't even say anything to me. Now please let it go." Varvara laughed. "You're blushing." I ignored her and continued to eat my food. "Looks like you two start dinner without us." 

Mom and her new husband walked in on us. "Guilty as charge mom." Varvara invited them to join us as she stood up and took two extra plate for them. "How's school Irina?" Noah asked me. "Good. Thank you for the pants instead of skirt."

"No problem man." He actually want to fist bump with me. "Just do it sis. He won't rest until your fist match up with his." Varvara informed. I did the fist bump thing and I can totally see his happy face. "I'm in heaven. Varvara you should fist bump with me too." Varvara actually glared at his father.

"Okay. It's a no." He removed his fist from Varvara and sat next to mom. "One more fist bump I'll go crazy dad." Varvara went back to her seat and continued to eat. "Hmmmmm. Delicious. Very delicious." Mom hummed. She's right. Varvara is one great cook. She chuckled. "I know. I'm great."

"Will you be joining The Game, Irina?" Mom suddenly asked me the question. Should I? I don't know myself. But I probably do. I shrugged. "You will do great Irina." Noah said. "Maybe. But since the Empire wanted my head on a silver plater, I have to be careful."

Great, now I just made the situation weirder. "What did you say?" Mom asked. "Athena told me that The Empire wanted my head." I chuckled. "How can you be laughing now?" Varvara asked me. "Hmm. Living my life have its perks." I winked at her. But I know she's not okay with it.

I sighed. "Mom, Mr Volin, Varvara, I'll be alright. Who knows I might join The Game. And I'm not afraid of a silly death threat. I didn't took the hit of having all my bones fractured and replaced with titanium to just stayed inside a hole." Mom wanted to say something but Noah stopped her.

"Your an adult. So you know what's best for yourself. Just promise me something." I nodded. "We're here if you need anything. So promise us you will fucking ask us for help!" I laughed. Did my mom just curse?! Even Noah and Varvara is surprised.

The dinner was complete silence. I have no idea if this can get even awkward than this. "I heard Irina being introduced to the Vladimir clan. And I also heard you were drooling over the Vladimir sisters." Noah decided to talk but he's being such an embarrassment. "Mr Volin. Are you trying to make everyone feel better by embarrassed me?"

Noah nodded. "Is it working?" Gotta admit, he's a fun dad. "Well, I don't blame myself. Zinovia, Annushka and Natalia really look like goddesses. That include Athena. Except for the little sister who hate me to the core. He glared at me for no reason."