Chapter 2 - Orientation

IRINA'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes as my ears heard the forsaken ringing of the alarm clock. I looked around the room and noticed that she's not on her bed anymore. I was glad that she decided to be out this early because last night was weird enough. I didn't mean to walked in on her soaking herself in the tub. Thank god the bubble covered every little details of her body.

I smirked. Well. Come to think of it, she's not that little if it comes to her chest. I chuckled when I remembered her redden face. Shit! What am I thinking! I can't think of her that way. She's will kill me! Literally! I sighed and got up from my bed. I grabbed my towel and went inside the bathroom but this time I made sure no one inside.

While stripping my clothes off, my eyes were all over the battle scar I have on my body. I looked at myself in the mirror and traced the biggest of them all on my chest. This scar meant so much to me and it holds some of the most inhumane secret of all. I looked down and laughed at myself. I'm just a puppet for him. No more special than that.

It's a blessing he chased me out of his life. But he's right. I am no good. I broke his rules.

After I shake my thoughts about him off, I decided to continued my morning routine. After putting on the all black set of clothes and light make up to covered my flaws, I walked out and do my bed. I looked at the time and scoffed at myself. I remembered the orientation will starts at 8 am.

"You need to put on the uniform." A voiced startled me. It's my roommate. "If not you'll get a penalty and I will be blame as well." When I looked up to her, she's in her uniform. White dress shirt, black blazer and skirts just above her knees with red lining. I detested the uniform from the core of my body.

I will looked hideous in skirts. "No thank you." I was about to walked out when I suddenly felt a chain wrapped around my ankle and pulled me back in. I hit the floor face first and it brings joy to this bitch. "Either you wear this uniform or I'll strip you myself!" She threatened but before she could lifted my shirt up and see my scars, I grabbed her hands and stopped her.

"You touch me again and I'll break your hands." I know I shouldn't say this mean words but she's out of boundary! She smirked at me. "I like to see you try, Irina." She challenged me.  "Let me go." I tried to spat her hand away but she's determined. "Fine. I'll explain myself to the president so she won't give me a lot of trouble."

She released the chain and stood up from me. I got up and walked out of the room towards the gymnasium. Can this day be any more degrading?! I sighed and noticed a lot of the freshman girls looking at me weirdly. Well probably because I'm not wearing the official uniform I guess.

I tried to be as invisible as I can be like yesterday. I just want this thing to end soon. After I found the perfect place to sit on the bleachers, I watched as the gymnasium were immediately filled with new student. I can't believe they all going to be an assassins after they're graduate.

At the middle of the court I noticed the VP and Faina stood beside a podium. I tilted my head to see Faina more clearly from where I am. I wondered why does she have a whip with her. When the door were opened by someone, all eyes were on the person walking in, including mine. I know that girl. I talked to her a couple of times before.

She's Varvara Volin. The student president of this academy. I shake my head when she was dragging my roommate inside the gymnasium like a grade school kid. Hmmm. Varvara seems different now. Her expression showed nothing but fearless leader. She used to be so.... "I expect everyone to be in their uniform for this orientation but somehow I saw a couple of you decided to disobey the rules."

Varvara cleared her throat. "I'll let it slip this time. You girls are freshman and new student." Her eyes made contact with mine for a brief seconds before continued introducing the girls beside her.