.{47}.

"Unghh...what the hell happened?"

Ike and the others who had been lying floor, bruised and injured, had finally risen due to the brightness of the sun coming up. The others who were sent to fight off the twilight creatures had finally made it back to them.

"Oh thank God!" Pit exclaimed, "You guys are okay-- w...wait huh...?" 

His happiness suddenly faded when he saw Link kneeling down on the ground with someone in his arms.

"Link...who is that?" Marth asked cautiously. But Link remained as he was. WFT, who was sobbing, and Viridi got up off of the ground and made their way towards the rest of the gang.

"Hey WFT, who is that...?" Roy questioned. 

WFT looked up at him and continued to weep, burring her face into his chest. Lucina walked over to Link to see for herself. Looking down at Zelda's corpse, she turned her head away, refusing to shed a single tear.

"Lucina?" Robin called out as he walked over to her and looked down at the body. Lucina's head hand low as Robin jogged over to her.

"I'm glad you're alright," he said, concerned.

Lucina stayed silent as she rested her head gently on his shoulder. Robin grew anxious as he looked towards Link on the ground holding a body.

"Someone just spit it out already! Link who is that?!" Samus shouted impatiently as she stormed over. She glanced down at the body and froze. Her eyes widened as she tried to hold back her emotions.

"Dammit...DAMMIT!"

The rest of the gang scurried over to where Samus was, gathering around Link.

"Zelda...?" Caeda whimpered.

"Zel..." Pat said through teary eyes, Pit holding her hand reassuringly. Marth crouched down next to his best friend and put his hand on his back. Link looked at him.

"Link... I'm so sorry."

Link nodded slightly then turned away from him. Zelda still remained motionless, her eyes still open but shining brightly.

"We should probably close her eyes, right?" Marth suggested.

Link nodded once more and placed his hand softly on her eyelids, closing them simultaneously, making sure she would rest in peace. 

As the group mourned over Zelda, they heard footsteps coming closer towards them.

"I'm glad you called me when you did Mewtoo, too bad I couldn't get in on the action."

"I'm grateful you could come here on such short notice, Impa, your help is much appreciated."

"No..."

"Impa?"

"ZELDA!"

Impa darted towards the gang as she gazed upon the corpse of her niece. Everyone gathered around Link let her through for her to see Zelda, who was still lying on Link's lap. Link looked up at her with saddened eyes and an apologetic expression. Impa noticed how honest he was being, but even so, she too bursted into tears.

"Link, don't blame yourself kid. All of you, it's not your fault. I don't know what happened, but I know you all fought your hardest. She's was too good for this world, too nice to everyone, so it's probably better...if she's away from this terrible world," Impa sobbed as she struggled to get her words out.

And then...Impa's weeping came to a stop...

"Wait..."

Impa's eyes widened, as if she had come to some sort of realization. Everyone stared at Impa, curious as to what she was doing. Impa got closer to Zelda, grabbed her wrist, and held it up to her ear, as if she were listening for something.

Impa listened intently still holding Zelda's hand to her ear. 

...

...

...

T-Thump

...

...

Impa gasped. She looked around the balcony and around herself. 

"Link! Pass me Zelda's purse."

He tossed it to her, confused at what she was doing. She rummaged a little in the bag, until...

"Thank the Gods Zelda, you actually remembered to bring this..."

"What did you hear? Is she still alive?" Ike asked.

"She never died," Impa said regaining hope.

She whipped out her sword staff and casted a blue light. It hovered above Zelda's body and suddenly appeared a health bar of some sort. It was empty...

No.

It wasn't.

A tiny sliver of red was still visible in the corner of the bar. 

Impa pulled out the bottle she had given to Zelda after her last visit and the same bottle she told her to pack before going to the gala. She popped the cork out and poured a dime-sized portion of the substance onto her hand. She sprinkled it over Zelda and her wound. She resealed the container and stepped back from her and next to Link, putting her hand on his shoulder.

All the friends were still surrounding her with worried and anxious expressions, hoping Zelda would come back to life.

...

...

Nothing. No movement whatsoever.

"I...It didn't work..." Impa said defeatedly, "She's really gone..."

"You tried, Impa. You did more than enough," Marth comforted even though he too was just as upset as she was, "Link?"

He was still sitting with Zelda, watching over her carefully. He sat there frozen, still holding onto Zelda, unable to fathom that she was never coming back. He would go back to his normal life, alone, and without her. The thought of this made him even more upset, causing one of his few tears to land on her right  hand. 

As he continued to mourn her, Zelda's triforce dimly lit up. With the fairy's magic working along with the bearer of the power of courage's tear, Zelda's triforce began to then glow a bright purple light.

"Hnngh..."

A/N: HEHE! Sorry for not updating for a while, again I've just been busy with school. BUT UMM WTF, 1K READS?! That's insane! I"m so happy to have a great audience like you guys and I really hope you're enjoying the story so far. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, please comment and suggest things, and I'll see you in  the next part XD.