.{27}.

A/N: Well shxt guys, almost 400 reads?! That's truly amazing! Thanks for all the comments and the support, hope you continue to follow the story, and with that let's continue...

"We're here!" Pat exclaimed. So far, Lucina, Samus, Pat, Zelda, and Caeda were the onlys ones who arrived at the rink for the time being. They were now waiting on the guys to to join them.

"Hey Zel, did you tell Shulk that we were coming here tonight?" Samus asked. Zelda shifted uncomfortably and looked down at the floor.

"Um... he said he couldn't make it," she lied.

"Too bad, he seemed cool," Samus sighed.

"Hey guys!" a cheerful voice shouted over to the girls. They all faced the direction of the voice and  saw Pit running over to them with the rest of the guys. 

"Glad you guys could make it," Lucina greeted. 

"Everyone's here now so let's go get our skates and rollerblades!"

"Aw Pat. You can't say that when you can just fly around everywhere."

"Not this time, Pit. Rollerblading is a whole experience within itself, I have to try it out!"

The group then headed over to the skate rental counter, but Samus and Ike stayed back. Marth turned around to see what Ike was up to.

"Hey Ike, you comi--"

He stopped mid-sentence when he realized he was talking with Samus. He grinned and thought to himself.

Better not interrupt him, looks like he's got his hands full...

While Samus was talking to him, Ike began to panic internally, running out of things to say.

What do I say?! Shit...!!

"To be honest, I'm not a fan of rollerblading. But Zelda said there was a skateboard rink. Wanna check it out?" Samus suggested.

"Sure...yeah okay..." Ike stuttered. 

"You good? You seem nervous."

"Nah...I'm fine."

"You're not freaked, are you? I bet you would be, if I were you," she smirked.

Ike collected himself before dissing her back.

"You're making another bet with me again, Sam? Remember when you did that last time and I won? You sure you wanna do that?"

Samus growled and Ike let out a genuine, hearty laugh at her reaction. Samus stared in awe astounded by the sound of his real laugh.

"What's wrong? I didn't intimidate you too much, did I?" he teased, continuing to laugh. Samus smiled weakly and proceeded to walk with him to the skateboard ramps. They stopped in their tracks when they heard footsteps and panting behind them. They both turned around to see who it was.

"Oh hey Link! You coming too?"

Meanwhile...

"Zel! Come join us!" Pat yelled. She was linking arms with Pit, holding out her free arm to Zelda, who grabbed on. The three of them began to skate together, laughing, chatting, and enjoying themselves to the fullest.

"Okay stomach hurts from laughing so much!" Zelda giggled.

"Ah speaking of stomachs..."

"Go ahead Pit..."

Pit's face lit up at Pat's approval. He broke free from the two girls and made his way to the food counter. Pat and Zelda exchanged glances.

"How does he eat that much, and not gain any weight?"

"Trust me, even I can't answer that question."

"But Pat, you're so close with him though."

"Yeah, there's still some stuff that I haven't figured out about him yet, and vice versa. But I do know that he's got more love in that heart of his than any other guy I've encountered. Probably one of the reasons why I..."

"Go on!" Zelda nudged her intrigued. 

"Ah nevermind!" Pat smiled. 

"Hey! Finish what you were gonna say!"

On the opposite side of the rink...

"Whoa," Lucina whimpered as she wobbled from almost losing her footing. She was trying to keep up with Robin who was in front of her, his hands in his pockets nonchalantly, gaining speed with every glide. Lucina groaned in frustration, skating a little faster until she caught up with him. However, when she did, Robin skated further ahead of her, leaving her behind again. 

"When did you learn this activity, and how did you get so good at it?" she called out angrily. Robin glanced over his shoulder to look at her then skated backwards to where she was.

"No need to show off," she scoffed.

"That was not my intention."

"I don't need you to slow down for me. I can skate perfectly fine by myself."

Robin sighed and turned back around to face forward, skating quickly away. Lucina pushed herself to catch up to him, but she was going too fast for herself. Just as she was closing in on him, she tripped over a chip in the floor, causing her to fall on the ground. She lied on the ground, defeated and humiliated. Robin casually continued to skate, thinking Lucina was still behind him, until he heard Pat shout.

"Lucina! Oh my heavens, are you okay?" she exclaimed with her arm still linked with Zelda's. They zoomed right past Robin, who turned around to look behind him. He stood in shock as he saw Lucina sprawled out on the floor.

"I'm alright thank you. I overestimated how fast I could go," she confessed.

The two girls helped her up and led her towards the benches off the rink. Robin skated slowly off the rink and sat next to Lucina on the bench.

"We'll go see if they have a first aid kit," Zelda said and went off with Pat to the main office. Lucina's hair covered her eyes, but Robin could see her frowning. After a long pause, Robin decided to break the silence.

"Heyyyy..."

"..."

" *sigh* Lucina, are you okay?"

"..."

"I'm sorry you fell, but you shouldn't go that fast next time. You should skate at a reasonable pace--OOMPH"

Lucina had balled her hand up into a fist and hammered the top of his head.

"Idiot. You don't just leave a girl on the floor like that."

"I...apologize. That was insensitive of me."

"Apology accepted."

Robin looked at her surprised, then smiled lightly. Zelda and Pat came back running over to them when a first aid kit.

"Okay Luc, let's get you patched up!"

"Thank you."

Just then, a man with spiky, red, hair ran up to them excitedly.

"You guys need to check this out! This skate-off looks like it's straight out of a movie!"

To be continued...