.{22}.

Zelda froze, realizing that she began to lean in slowly. She stopped herself abruptly.

"Ah I'm...so sorry...! I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable..." she apologized.

Link put his hand on her shoulder and pulled her close to him. Zelda was surprised for a moment but then looked up at him, smiling down at her reassuringly. She sat up all the way to look at Link, placed her hand behind his ear, and kissed him softly on the cheek. Then she poked his earring, making it glint, and replaced her head back onto his shoulder. With that, she fell asleep soundly while smiling. Link's eyes were wide and his expression was stiff. He was shocked by what Zelda just did to him, causing his heart to flutter.

He looked back down at Zelda, already fast asleep, and his heart began to beat rapidly. With his cheeks flushed and his mind feeling conflicted, Link closed his eyes and fell asleep beside Zelda.

The following morning, Link was the first of the two to wake up. He blinked a couple of times, still waking up, then sat up. He felt his hand touch something soft and smooth. He looked to see that his hand was interlocked with Zelda's. He let go quickly, perked up for a moment, then calmed down, as to not wake her up. She was a very peaceful sleeper. Her mouth would open and close, breathing in and out every time.

Cute...

Link looked down to see that his triforce was glowing...blue...? The same color as Zelda's from the other night.

I still don't know what this means though... 

He felt Zelda move underneath the blanket, slowly waking up. She sat up rubbing her eyes which were a little watery. One of her shoulders was bare, since Link's shirt was too big for her. He grew red in the face as he thought to himself.

From an outsider's perspective, this whole scene could be taken out of context...

"Morning..." she said still sounding drowsy. Link hurriedly got up and walked over to the kitchen, to conceal his red face.

"I can make something if you--" Zelda started.

Link held out his hand to stop her, insisting to let him make her food for once as he walked over to the kitchen. He starting cracking some eggs, cooking up sides, and adding more ingredients as he progressed. When he finally finished, he flipped the eggs in the pan multiple times, trying to impress Zelda, who was entertained by his cooking.

He grinned at her reaction but almost missed the egg during the last flip. Once he finished, he put the omelets onto a plate and brought it to the table, along with the other sides he prepared.

"Link I didn't know you could cook so well...!"

She cut up her omelet and dug in.

"These are perfect!"

Link laughed as he watched her gobble down her food.

"That was really good! I should come over here more often!"

As soon as she said that they both turned red.

"Not that it's the only reason I'd come visit! I'd of course want to see you too..." she said embarrassed.

"Just don't include Shulk, okay?" Link added.

He really dislikes Shulk, doesn't he? I should ask him about yesterday...

"Um about Shulk...what exactly happened between you two yesterday?" she asked.

Link breathed out as he got ready to act out his reasoning for Zelda. He held out both of their hands and pretended to be Shulk stealing their triforces for his own benefit.