.{45}.

Zelda remained there, motionless, on the cold ground of the balcony

Zelda remained there, motionless, on the cold ground of the balcony. Her eyes were almost completely shut and her breathing was faint. Link's eyes widened with fear. Panic-stricken, Link ran over to  her, kneeling over her body. 

"Hngh..."

"Zelda, you're okay..."

"I'm fine, please don't worry Link."

As Link was tending to Zelda, another set of footsteps sounded against the balcony flooring, coming closer to Link. Link looked up to see two figures. The first figure, the one who he saw kiss Zelda, was none other than Link himself. Link stared at his doppelgänger in shock. He replicated Link perfectly. 

"Nice job hun," the second figure spoke as she stepped out of the shadows.

A dark cloud of smoke surrounded the imposter. The smoke turned into a gloppy liquid of some sort and dripped off of the imposter, revealing the actual person pretending to be Link.

Shulk... Link thought to himself.

"Shulk... you..." Zelda muttered.

"Zelda I'm so sorry, I never wanted you to get hurt," Shulk pleaded.

"You were right Link...from the beginning. I should've trusted you."

"Shulk here did great huh?" Peach smirked, "I don't even think Link saw that one coming."

"We had a deal. Now you bring her back to me," Shulk said threateningly.

"I heard you for the 100th time Shulk, now patience. I haven't even properly introduced myself yet," Peach snapped back.

Her body glowed and a blue, transparent figure stepped out from her body. Peach's corpse dropped lifelessly onto the floor, and the transparent figure became a tangible being-- one that everyone recognized.

"Cia."

"Hero of Time, it's been too long," she said slyly as her index finger rolled under his chin, "What do you think of my master plan now? Pretty successful, wouldn't you say?"

Link shook his head to shake her off. 

"Shulk...why did you do this...?" Zelda groaned. 

Shulk looked over at Zelda and Link apologetically. His expression then evolved into a more raged and spiteful side of him as he pointed his red sword at Cia.

"This sick and twisted woman took away someone special to me. Cia used her as leverage-- if I formed an alliance with her, I would get her back... and I'm still waiting..."

Cia chuckled.

"I never intended to hurt you guys or anyone else. I just... I just wanted to get her back. So if you don't mind, Cia, I hope you intend to keep your end of the deal...!"