42. Happenstance

You see a masked man leaning on a car next to Bee's. He speaks up, "My butterfly is feeling pouty, is she??"

You look up at the man internally ready to fight but then you make eye contact. Those familiar eyes, they make you smile. Then he takes off his mask.

Yoongi.

He takes his mask off and smiles back at you.

"You recognise me with the mask on?" He seems impressed.

You nod. "I met you with the mask on, silly. Of course I do."

Bee clears her throat very audibly. You chuckle and introduce them to each other.

"Bee, this is-"

"Yoongi. I know." She finishes before you can. You look at her with a big question mark on your face and she clarifies. "He said butterfly, of course I know!"

You smile and shake your head.

"Glad to hear that you talk about me to your friends" Yoongi smirks.

"Oh shush it's not like that! Taehyung was telling her everything about last night!" you roll your eyes playfully at him"Everything, hm?" he smirks even more

"Everything, hm?" he smirks even more.

At this Bee's ears perk up and her eyes go big. "What relevant information did you withhold from me this time!" she accuses.

Bee's eyes pierce through the air as she demands to know what secrets have been hidden from her. You take a dramatic pause, before you spill the harmless details.

"Well, Bee, it's nothing major really" you say with an innocent smile, "Yoongi and I, we shared a bean bag at the 'party' last night." Bee's eyes widen, and a sly grin creeps onto her face.

"A bean bag, you say?" she teases, her eyebrows dancing with amusement.

Yoongi joins in, his smirk evident as he chimes in, "A very cozy bean bag moment indeed, right butterfly?"

Rolling your eyes playfully, you retort, "Oh, please. It was just a crowded party, and we happened to land on the same bean bag."

Bee continues her playful interrogation, making exaggerated gestures of shock, "Oh my, scandalous bean bag adventures!"

Yoongi joins the banter, "Who would've thought bean bags could be so hm, controversial?"

Feigning annoyance, you declare, "I'm leaving. I gotta catch a bus home."

Yoongi raises an eyebrow, "Why catch a bus?"

You retort with a mock pout, "Because I'm poor, remember?"

His smirk grows . This," he gestures towards the sleek and frankly very expensive looking car he was leaning on, "is your ride, Butterfly."

Bee nudges you with a mischievous grin, "Looks like bUtTeRfLy has yet another VIP chauffeur

Bee nudges you with a mischievous grin, "Looks like bUtTeRfLy has yet another VIP chauffeur."

She then sighs dramatically. And then looks up at the sky. "I see what you do for others. Whenever you're ready, God."

It makes all of you laugh. You shake your head and speak up first.

"It's not like that oh my god, he's just giving me a lift cz we're friends!"

"Well that, and you're pretty" Yoongi mumbles under his breath. It's still loud enough for the two of you to hear.

"Fine Fine I'll take the hint. Oh look! My car! Damn I have to go" Bee says mocking and exaggeratedly goes into her car, and it drives off. It leaves you both laughing. You shake your head at how silly your friend was being. She means well, just has a very interesting way of showing it, and also is a hopeless romantic at heart.

After she's gone, Yoongi speaks up.

"Your chariot awaits, miss" he smiles.

His adorable gummy smile makes you giddy on the inside. You just follow his lead and get in the car while he holds the passenger side door open. Closing it after you, he enters from the driver's side as you put the seatbelt on.

Your brain gives you a brief flashback of Jimin leaning in to put your seatbelt on and you can almost immediately feel your cheeks heat up.

Yoongi starts driving and the music pulls you out of your thoughts

Yoongi starts driving and the music pulls you out of your thoughts. After a couple minutes of comfortable silence, he speaks up.

"I had a question, butterfly"

"Hm?" You look up at him, he's still looking at the road.

"You said we 'just happened to' share a beanbag" he says.

"Yeah? Why?" you seem confused. He speaks again, his voice lower, almost softer.

"Just happened to, yeah? Not like I asked you specifically. Not like you were leaning onto me the whole time as I had my arms wrapped around you. Not like you said my touch was soothing and you'd like me to keep touching you. Not like-"

"Oh god shut up DON'T SAY ALL THAT!!" you put your hand on his mouth to shush him as you're embarrassed. You're definitely red enough to give competition to Rudolph's nose right now. You hadn't expected him to switch up on you like that.

The last thing you feel before your brain short circuits is Yoongi's smile against your hand

___________________________________________

Author's note: Smol chapter this time cz ya girl has wretched exams again. But I'm trying my best to not let go of the schedule!!!