28. Boundaries

A smile spreads across your face as you recognize the familiar voice.

"Oooh, Hobi's here!"

"Go on, Y/n. I'm almost done here too. I'll be out in a sec." He says.

"Don't worry, I'll come back to help plate the food." You say as you excitedly make your way to the drawing room where Yoongi has already opened the door. Hobi side hugs Yoongi and Jimin before his eyes light up as he spots you. Without hesitation, he runs towards you and engulfs you in a bear hug, lifting you slightly off the ground.

"Y/n! It's so good to see you! I've missed you!!"

"I missed you too Hobiii!" you pull away just enough to look up at him, a big smile on your face.

As you settle in the cozy drawing room, the soft glow of the lamp casts a warm ambiance, illuminating the space with a comforting light. The room is adorned with tasteful decorations, the plush couches invite you to sink into their comfort, while the under desk of the coffee table in the centre displays an array of card and board games.

Yoongi mumbles, but it's loud enough for you to hear. "Hugs aren't usually that long"

Taking a seat on the arm of Yoongi's couch, you playfully ruffle Yoongi's hair,

"Are we Jealous here, Mr. McYoongles?"

The room falls into a temporary silence. Everyone's attention is drawn to you, their eyes widening in surprise. Their reactions are a mix of amusement, curiosity, and even a hint of concern. You can feel the weight of their collective gaze, making you acutely aware of the sensation of being watched.

Jimin breaks the silence, he says "But if I tried to do th-". Before he can finish however, Hobi puts his hand on Jimin's mouth. Yoongi smiles, his gummy smile lighting up his face. "Maybe just a little bit!!" He says, answering your previous question.

"What's happening there" you ask Hobi

"Nothing, just Jimin and his antics," Yoongi says dismissively, trying to diffuse the tension.

You laugh, not entirely convinced. The strange reaction from your friends is puzzling. But you decide to let it go for now since you're not getting answers. Then you excuse yourself and return to your promise of helping Jin in the kitchen.

As you assist Jin with plating the food, you try getting more information from him.

"So, I ruffled Yoongi's hair a bit, and everyone acted like I stole his kitten."

Jin smirks, glancing at you with amusement. "And you lived? Impressive."

"Should I have not survived?" you ask confused.

Jin chuckles softly, shaking his head. "Ah, Yoongi doesn't really like being touched, at all. He fights us even for looking at him 'the wrong way'. It's just one of his quirks. I guess the boys were just surprised that he let you touch him"

Your eyes open a little wider, surprised by the revelation.
"Oh, I swear I had no idea. I'll be careful then. Don't mean to step on any boundaries."

You start thinking about how you should navigate your interactions with Yoongi, to make sure you respect his personal boundaries.

As everyone gathers on the couch, you find yourself seated between Jin and Yoongi. Instinctively, you lean more towards Jin, subconsciously still guilty about overstepping boundaries. However, you can sense that Yoongi seems troubled by something, although he doesn't say anything explicitly.

Curiosity getting the better of you, you lean towards Yoongi and whisper,

"Yoongi, what's the matter? You seem a bit off. Is everything alright?"

Yoongi hesitates for a moment before responding, his voice tinged with a hint of frustration. "You tell me. You've been acting weird, distant. Did I do something to upset you?"

Caught off guard by his response, you quickly shake your head. "No, no, Yoongi. It's not that at all. I heard that you don't like being touched, so I was trying to respect your boundaries."

His annoyance grows apparent, and he raises his voice a little louder "But I don't want that with you!"

The room falls silent, the unexpected outburst taking everyone by surprise as his voice echoes in the still partly empty room.

You flinch slightly at his raised voice, caught off guard by his reaction. Yoongi immediately notices your reaction and his expression shifts to one of regret and frustration. He storms off to his room, clearly upset with himself.

The atmosphere becomes heavy with tension as everyone processes the unexpected turn of events. You're feeling a mix of confusion and concern, unsure of how to navigate this situation. Sensing the need for a moment to gather your thoughts and clear this up before it becomes a bigger issue, you excuse yourself from the gathering and make your way to Yoongi's room.

The familiar door with the warning, that you ignore everytime. You knock, your voice low "Yoongi, can we talk please?"

The door creaks open, revealing a dimly lit room. The soft glow of a desk lamp casts a warm illumination to the space. Yoongi stands before you, his expression a mix of frustration and vulnerability, his eyes slightly downcast. He moves and gestures for you to come in. This is your first time in his room.

You step into the room, the air feels heavy, It's never been this uncomfortable with yoongi

You step into the room, the air feels heavy, It's never been this uncomfortable with yoongi. You finally find the courage to speak.

"Yoongi, what's wrong? Did I do something to upset you?" you ask, concern evident in your voice.

He sighs, his gaze meeting yours. He looks like he's struggling to find the right words.

"It's not about you doing something wrong, Y/n," he finally responds, his voice tinged with a hint of regret.

"It's just... I didn't ask you to respect those boundaries. I didn't want you to distance yourself."

You furrow your brows, confused.
"But I thought... I heard that you don't like being touched, so I was trying to respect your boundaries," you explain.

He shakes his head. "I appreciate your consideration, I really do. But you don't have to do that with me. It's different... The boys are my family, I'm not very physically affectionate with them but you... You're the first friend I've had in a while! I don't want that kind of distance between us."