12. Three Text Messages

You faceplant into the bed from how tired you are and instantly feel yourself drifting off to sleep.

About half an hour passes by and you're woken up by your phone ringing, you barely open your eyes to check who it is, it's an unsaved number, you pick up just in case it's a delivery person

"Hello?"

"YOU BITCH WHEN THE FUCK WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME YOU MOVED TO MY CITY"

"Whoa whoa whoa I think you've got the wrong person! Who even is this?"

You hear a dramatic gasp, then they speak "wowwww you really done asked me who I am. I always feared this day would come, my baby grew up so fast."

You're now slightly more awake and you figure out who it possibly could be. "Ooooh my God CHIM is that you!!!"

"YES WHO ELSE IS GOING AROUND CALLING YOU THEIR BABY"

"Ma guy we're talking on call after a LONG ASS TIME, what did you e x p e c t, I don't remember what you sound like"

"I sound like magic baybieee"

"yeah this is the part where i disconnect"

"BISH NO YOU'RE IN MY CITY WHERE ARE YOU I'M COMING OVER RIGHT FUCKING NOW"

"Bub I'm half asleep rn please do not come over"

"I promise I'll be quiet"

"Yeah no, I'll meet you in the evening, i promise, but goodbye for now"

"IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR BEST FRIEND, YOUR BABY, YOUR SOULMATE"

"Goodnight bestiiiiieeee luvyabye" and you disconnect. It felt like a fever dream and you went right back to sleep.

Another hour passes and that's when you finally wake up, still a little drowsy as you sit in your bed, starting a podcast in the background so you wake up and start moving.

Finishing up some readings that were suggested in class and you then check your phone, 3 messages from @CallMeChim13

C- Woooow so I'm not that important afterall hmph

C- Imma go crie in the corner

C- Remember when Bruno Mercury said "GIMME YO GIMME YO GIMME YO ATTENTION BAYBIE"

It makes you laugh and shake your head at how silly he's being. He's been your online best friend for about four years now. He's been there for you for what feels like forever and now you might actually meet him. Soon. You don't want to deal with how you might be attracted to him when you don't even know his real name, so instead you get back to replying.

Y- It's Bruno Mars*

C- I got my planets mixed up cz my universe ghosted me

Y- I didn't ghost you sir I was napping.

Y- Where are you rn?

C- Came over to a friend's place to get over the rejection

Y- Tsk tsk

Y- How about I meet you tomorrow? After my uni hours?

C- Maybe, but how will you make up to me?

Y- Idk, what can I do to make my bestie like me again

C- Bish I'll always love you buuut you're gonna have to give me the biggest longest hug ever when I see you

Y- Okay deal! Tomorrow, see you at 3pm?

C- Don't get lunch alone, we'll order food in and hangout, okay?

Y- Okay :)

As soon as you press send on the last text, you hear a loud thud coming from upstairs.

"oh no, Jin!" is your immediate thought and you grab your phone and call him, he picks up after two rings

"Hello! Y/n? Are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine, are you? I heard a loud thud I was worried for you!"

"Oh my, that's sweet. Don't worry that's just one of my friends fighting his sworn enemy"

"Friend, yoongi or hobi?"

"Jimin."

"Oh that's new. And sworn enemy?"

"Yes, chairs"

This makes you laugh. "What?"

"Yeah man can't keep himself on a chair without falling for more than 7 minutes"

"I feel bad for laughing now, is he okay?"

"Oh don't worry cutie he's used to it, he's moved to the beanbag now"

You hear some yelling in the background, "is that the cute neighbour?" You don't hear Jin answer but you assume he nods.

"Is that my identity now?"

"Well you are my neighbour and you are very cute so I don't see why not!"

You hear the yelling in the background again "tell her to come over" then Jin speaks again "you should come over".

"Oh should I now? Silly. I have to do some reading for tomorrow and then make dinner."

"Okay you go study and come over after that for dinner, it'll be ready in an hour"

"No I'm not going to use you like a personal chef oh my God"

"Tsk you cannot argue with elders, and I'm cooking for the four of us anyway. I'll see you in an hour bye" and he disconnects before you can protest more.

You catch yourself smiling and shake your head. "man's gonna be the sweet sweet death of me!!"

You set a timer for 45 minutes and sit back down to study. It passes by as you prepare for art history smiling to yourself as you think about Namjoon.

You catch yourself doing that and facepalm, mumbling "only catch grades, don't catch a case".