10. Honorifics, Horrorifics

Before it can get awkward, he wraps his arms around you. You follow suit and hug him back just as tightly as he embraces you.

He's so friggin tall.

You kinda have to get on your tippy toes to hug him nicely. He mumbles "which perfume is that, you smell like the dessert."

You pull your head away just enough to look up at him as you answer "It's got notes of Vanilla, so I can see why" you smile.

He returns the smile and pulls you back in by your waist to hug you more. It feels so comfortable that you snuggle into it too, barely for a minute then you hear Hoseok telling Yoongi to "stop it already" as they laugh.

You both pull away from the hug and you sit back down in your seat, then look at the boys.

"What did I miss?" you ask. Hobi snatches Yoongi's phone and shows you a picture he took of you and Jin, timed perfectly at the moment when you were both smiling about your perfume, looking into each other's eyes with your arms wrapped around each other.

It's such a pretty image than you forget for a second that you're the girl in the picture.

"You simp!" Yoongi says to Hobi, in response to which he smiles and says "don't be mad hyung, it's a good picture, she should see it!"
Jin takes the phone from Hobi and he's about to scold them but he looks at the picture, "whoa-"
Hobi giggles and Yoongi looks proud. You can see Jin starting to blush again so you try to change the topic so he doesn't get too uncomfortable.

"so boys, I have a question"

"go ahead" says Hobi as he's looking at you with all his attention, Yoongi nods too, so you proceed.

"So I heard Yoongi call Jin "hyung" and at first I thought it's probably some nickname but then you also called Yoongi "hyung" so I'm a little confused. Is it a salutation of some sort? Or like honorifics?"

Yoongi nods, "yup you got it. So hyung is 'older brother' in our language."

"So would I also have to call you guys that?" you look at Hobi "sorry I didn't even ask how old you are!" He smiles and says "27, and you?"

"Only twenty one" Jin says, smiling at you.

"Omo you're a baby" says Hobi.

"That's what we told her" said Yoongi. You smile and shake your head.

"Boys, back to my question, do I also need to address you guys with honorifics?"

"Since you're not Korean, you don't really have to. But if you ever want to, the correct word would be 'oppa' for you. Hyung is for males talking to older males. Oppa is for females talking to older males." Hobi explains.

"Oppa?" you say it, it sounds a little unfamiliar but not too bad. You notice all three men looking at each other and smiling, not the innocent pure smiles they usually have, this is something different, like an inside joke you're not a part of.

"Okay what's going on? What's with all the smiles!" you ask them.

"Ah, well, you see, Oppa is also used in other meanings" Jin says trying hard to not laugh

"Yeah? Like what, tell me oppa" you tease him just because the word seems fun to say.

Then he starts laughing and covering his face with his hands, Hobi is also in a similar state.

You're just confused.

Yoongi is trying his best not to laugh and he says "well you can say it's like the flirty Korean version, it's like loosely translated to calling someone 'daddy' basically" at this point he starts laughing too and your eyes go wide.

It's funny but also embarassing and now you want the floor to swallow you whole. "Hey I actually think it's cute when you say it" Hobi says.

"We all think that, simp boy. It's just funny cz she didn't know" Yoongi adds.

"You know Moni would find it more than cute" he says and Yoongi nods, that smile on his face again.

"Who's Moni?" you ask.

"Another oppa for the baby" Jin says as he giggles.

You roll your eyes and stick your tongue out at him "I'm never saying that word again"

"Awe Shucks, it actually sounded cute, even when you didn't mean daddy" he gives you a genuine smile so you smile back at him.

"simp" Jin mumbles but it's loud enough to hear. "stop being so smooth you eel" Yoongi adds.

"Hey don't call him a simp. He's at least being nice to me" you pout.

"I literally dreamt about you" Yoongi pouts too.

"I cooked for you yet again cz I loved the smile you had on in the morning cz you liked my cooking" Jin protested.

"Well then guess we're all simping" Hobi laughs.

"Oh my god boysss I was kidding c'mon now don't be sad, i love your smiles!!" you tell them and it somehow works.

Jin smiles, perfect as always and Yoongi gives you a gummy smile as well, Hobi giggles as he looks at you, mouthing the words "every body is simping" and it makes you laugh.

"So, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and another person, 'Moni'. Four friends?" you ask, counting them on your fingers.

"Seven, actually. You'll probably meet them all gradually. Jin and Yoongi live together, I live with Moni, and the three younger kids live together" Hobi tells you.

"Ouu, younger, as in younger than me?"

"Hyung, how old is kook again?" Yoongi asks Jin. "Twenty f o u r" Jin smiles as he enunciates.

"Well then, seven oppas for the baby" Hobi says.