1. Neighbor

"Rise and Shine, sleepyhead" you mumble sleepily to yourself as your alarm goes off. Living alone has been amazingly independent and fun, it has, but you did miss living with your family at times. So you sometimes say things to yourself like your family would, like waking up for instance, "sleepyhead" is what your brother Eric would call you while waking you up every morning.

You roll out of your bed, your blankets still wrapped around you. On your way to the bathroom you hear your doorbell ring. "Damn, it's 7 am" you mumble to yourself as you walk towards the door, still wrapped in your blankets, hair up in a messy bun, with probable drool stains on your koala print pajama top.

You open the door and are greeted with a man, holy hell it's one heck of a man if I say so myself

You open the door and are greeted with a man, holy hell it's one heck of a man if I say so myself. You have to look up at him, he's almost a whole foot taller than you, then you see his face, you're either dreaming right now orrrr he's the most gorgeous man you've ever seen. His hair is a perfect blend of lilac and purple, it suits him so well. You've been staring, and he notices it before you do because you see him smirk slightly.

He clears his throat, you blink a couple times and go to say 'can I help you?' but all that comes out is a "huh?" Of course you lose your friggin speaking skills when you see someone you find even remotely attractive, damn you social anxiety. He seems to be confident, well if you looked like that you would be too.

He starts, "Hi! good morning, I just moved into the penthouse above you last night, and well, I can't find my coffee supplies so, I, was wondering if I could maybe borrow them from a neighbour?"

To be completely honest you didn't exactly hear the words, his voice is smooth, like butter, but you catch the gist of it. You take a deep breath and gather all your courage to say "on one condition" you smile as he looks intrigued, "only if you make me a cup too" it took all the guts you use in one day but well you did it, you just asked this handsome ass man to make coffee for you.

You waited for him to respond, not knowing how he would react. You release the breath you didn't even know you were holding back once he smiles. It's a very warm and friendly smile, the kind that makes you feel safe.

"I'll do you one better, I'll set a plate for you, I'm already done cooking breakfast. So, would you be interested in that?" he said

You look at him and blink a couple times, making sure you're not hallucinating "uh, I, yes. Yes, I would like that very much. I'll bring the coffee. I need to fix this" you say as you point towards yourself, your disheveled appearance "and then I'll be right there, with, the coffee." you say smiling.

His smile makes you feel at home, he nods and says "penthouse it is, see you soon neighbour! Oh, by the the way, I would like my coffee cold, sweet and creamy today" and with that he jogs up the stairs. You watch him leave with a smile still lingering on your face.

"Who takes the stairs when there's an elevator right there? That too this early????" You think to yourself as you walk back inside, locking the door behind you, knowing your lazy ass would never.

You shrug the thought away and start fixing your appearance. You brush your teeth and wash your face, then put on moisturizer and sunscreen, then you slowly detangle your hair (we don't brush out waves in this household), getting tired and not wanting to be late you just put it back in a bun, a little more contained than last time, only you're curtain bangs falling on your face, framing it just the way you like.

You change into a Brooklyn 99 hoodie and put on baggy jeans, wear your clear quartz bracelet and a rose quartz pendant that you hide under your t-shirt. You roll on your special vanilla butterscotch perfume on your wrists and behind your ears and thank the universe for sending you a friend who can make that kind of heavenly concoction. This is how you're gonna be all day, you know there's no time after breakfast and before college so you gather all the things you need in your backpack.

You start making the coffee, smiling because you like your coffee just like he said he wanted it, you make two big mugs full of creamy cold coffees, grab your backpack and the coffees, locking the door as you wait for the elevator. Then you get in and out on the next floor, you freeze. Holy feck this place is beautiful. The exterior is gorgeous, and of course, it looks expensive (as hell).

 You had just moved in last week and had no reason to be at the penthouse so this was your first time seeing it

You had just moved in last week and had no reason to be at the penthouse so this was your first time seeing it. You gather your courage and ring the doorbell on the only door on that floor and wait patiently, obviously nervous inside. Your heart is racing, and you are extra careful about not accidentally spilling coffee on this gorgeous ass floor. You check yourself in the huge mirror, you look decent, like you do every day. "This is just what good neighbors do, right?"