26. Bet it's Comfy

You wake up to the rays of streetlights streaming through the curtains, slowly blinking your eyes open. As your mind begins to register your surroundings, you realize you're not on the couch but in your bedroom.

Confusion lingers for a moment until the memories from lunch time flood back, making your cheeks flush with embarrassment.

You had fallen asleep on Jimin's shoulder during your movie!

Shit.

As you try to sit up and gather your thoughts, you feel a weight on your arm, keeping you from moving. Looking down, you see Jimin's hand intertwined with yours, and a deep blush paints across your cheeks.

He must have fallen asleep too, and now you're stuck together. You gently try to extract your hand, but it's as if his grip has tightened in his sleep. Classic Chim, needs constant contact even in his sleep.

Chuckling softly to yourself, you decide to let him sleep a little longer and enjoy the rare closeness. Jimin's face is calm and peaceful as he rests beside you, and you can't help but appreciate his features in the soft light from outside. His body is warm, it's comfortable. This is happy.

After a few minutes, you notice a faint stir of movement from Jimin. His eyes flutter open, and a mischievous smile dances on his lips as he realizes the situation you both are in. You feel your cheeks heat up again, and you instinctively try to pull your hand free, failing once more.

Jimin lets out a soft chuckle, his gaze locked with yours. "Good evening, sleepy. Enjoying your hand-holding session?" he teases, his voice laced with amusement.

You pout playfully, feeling a mix of embarrassment and amusement. "I can't believe I fell asleep on you, and now I can't even escape!"

"Well, it seems you're stuck with me for a little longer. But hey, it's not a bad place to be, is it?" he whispers, a hint of mischief in his voice.

You can't help but laugh at his teasing, realizing that he's enjoying this situation. "I guess not. But promise me you won't tell anyone about this."

Jimin raises his hand dramatically, placing it over his heart. "Scout's honor! Your secret is safe with me."

Relieved, you relax back onto the bed, allowing yourself to enjoy the closeness a little longer. You and Jimin engage in lighthearted banter, teasing each other and sharing playful laughter. The awkwardness of the situation dissipates, replaced by the ease and familiarity between you that you've always known.

Finally, after a few more minutes of teasing and laughter, Jimin musters the courage to release his hold on your hand. You stretch your fingers, feeling a sense of freedom again. However, instead of letting go completely, Jimin intertwines his fingers with yours once more, this time the other hand.

"I can't promise I won't hold your hand and nap here again in the future," he says grinning, his eyes sparkling.

You playfully roll your eyes but don't pull your hand away. "You're a whole Simp."

"That's what Hobi Hyung said too!" he chuckles and you join.

"Now can we get up? I forgot to remove my phone from silent! I need to check it!"

He hands you your phone and gets up, stretching and leaning on the headboard as he sits.

"Tell Bella I said hi" he says as he notices your eyes light up and you start typing fast

"I could literally be texting anyone at all!!" you protest, not liking being so predictable.

"But it's Bella, isn't it? He smiles that knowing smile of his. Smartass.

Text Message Conversation:

B: Heyyyyy! Long time no hear! Did you fall off the face of the Earth or something? 😜

B: Seriously, where have you been? I've sent you like four texts and you haven't replied!

B: Okay, spill the beans! What's the big secret? Did you elope with the hot professor?

B: Alright, seriously, Y/n, what's going on? Are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Are you kidnapped? Should I call Jin? Wait how do I contact anyone at all if you're in trouble?

Y: OMG, Bee, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to leave you hanging. I fell asleep and totally lost track of time. My bad!

B: Fell asleep, huh? How were you asleep? Didn't you have that date with Jimin? DID YOU SLEEP TOGETHER!??

Y: BEE NO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING! We did take a nap together but that was it. It was totally innocent, I promise!

B: Innocent, huh? Sureeee. I can't believe my bestie is turning into a total nap buddy with Jimin. Next thing I know, you'll be wearing matching pajamas! And honestly? Wouldn't even blame ya.

Y: Oh, come on, Bee! You know we're just friends. But I won't deny that nap was COMFY AS HELL.

B: Well, well, well, look at you, Ms. Comfy Naps. I never thought I'd see the day. They grow up so fast *tears*

Y: Haha, I can't escape your teasing, can I? Fine, I'll take it. But you do that in person and I'll pretend like I don't know you

B: Fair enough, my friend. Fair enough.

You smile at your phone when suddenly it starts ringing. You glanced at the screen and saw it was Jin, you answered the call with a smile.

Y: Hey, Jin! What's up?

Jin: Hey there, cutie! Just wanted to check if you're free for dinner tonight. We haven't seen you in a while, it would be nice if you joined us.

Y: Dinner? What time is it?

Jin: It's 7 pm, why!?

Y: Damn, how long did we sleep? It feels like time flew by.

Jin: We? Did you say "we"?

Y: Huh? What do you mean?

Jin: You said "we." Did someone keep you company during your nap?

Y: Well, Jimin napped at my place, so we both slept in. But yes, we'll come and see you guys. Don't worry about cooking dinner. We have a bunch of leftovers from our little movie thingy. We'll bring them over.

Jin: Oh, so it's a movie thingy turned dinner party. Sounds great! Can't wait to see you both. And tell Jimin he owes me. He'll know what it means.

Y: I'll let him know. See you in a bit, Jin!

You turn to Jimin and squint. He giggles, "why are you looking at me like that, ma'am?"

You get up from your bed, going in front of the mirror to fix your hair. You reply to him without even looking at him. "Apparently you owe Jin something. What's that about?"

He sighs then laughs softly. "well it's silly, but he had said that you take your nap very seriously and we had a bet. I said if I were here you wouldn't fall asleep."

He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "I guess I lost twice as hard since I fell asleep too".

That makes you laugh. "You bet on me staying awake?"

"Yes, like I don't even know you. You've never not taken naps idk what I was thinking!" he laughs.

"Sounds like you weren't! You're the one who made me start napping because I wasn't getting enough hours in the night!!"

He sighs, then laughs again. "Yep. I did a dumb." They way he says it is so adorable, you laugh too.

"I must say though, I didn't expect Jin to know me so well!"

Jimin playfully rolls his eyes, "oh whatever". Making you both laugh again before you go pack up food to take it upstairs