18. Passions & Professions

"It's called blushing. Look it up. And you start drinking, also stay right here I have to get dressed for school but you can keep talking to me, it'll take like five minutes" you tell him as you walk into your room and lock the door.

First thing you check is your face as you mumble to yourself

"that's a lot of colour"

You find a losely fitted crop top that has a 'f.r.i.e.n.d.s' quote on it and baggy jeans, of course accessories too. That's when you hear Jin talking to you from outside just as you told him to.

"It says here that blushing is 'the action of becoming red in the face from shyness, embarrassment, or shame.' Did I embarass you? Because you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of"

You smile and talk back loudly so he can hear. "Third option, sir".

You step out as soon as you're done changing, while still fixing your hair and see him looking towards you.

"You're shy? That's adorable!"

You stick your tongue out to tease him before going into the bathroom to check your hair and put on lip tint. You come back out and sit next to him now fully concentrating on your coffee.

"I like it"

You're two sips down and holding yourself back from inhaling the whole thing, just the Jin food effect.

"Oh I love it". He chuckles and you look up at him.

"I meant the lip colour, I like it."

He touches his own lips to explain when he says that. That's enough for a last night flashback in your head and you can remember exactly how his lips feel while he touches them.

"Th-thank you, it's grape, or bluberry, I think"

"Do you want me to check?"

That makes you choke on your cold coffee for a second, you recover pretty quick but refuse to make eye contact after that.

"Shy. Cute."

"What is with you today sir!!"

"Okay I didn't mean the first one but I did this one just to see how you react."

You squint as he smiles, frowning jokingly. "Meanie."

"What did cutie want for lunch today?"

"1. I'm not going to make you my personal chef.
2. I'm hanging out with Jimin for lunch today, I already promised.
3. Didn't you mention your job starts soon, shouldn't you be like mentally preparing and getting as much rest as you can before it starts?"

He smiles as he rests his chin on his palm and listens to you speak. Then he speaks to answer once you go back to drinking your coffee.

"okay so,
1. You really should, it's not something I do for everyone. It's a golden opportunity
2. That little man is hogging you already wow.
3. Yes but I don't work a 9-5, it's more seasonal and I enjoy it so I don't dread it haha"

You shake your head about the first two, then ask him intrigued,

"I didn't get the chance to ask, what do you do?"

"Well I have a degree in journalism but because I'm burdened with this glorious face I kept getting stuck with vain news and not actually things that would help people, which was why I initially got into this field in the first place"

"Wow, pretty boy with a golden heart."

"You think I'm pretty? I've gotten hot, handsome, and sexy before, but I like that. I like pretty."