29. Behind Closed Doors

He shakes his head. "I appreciate your consideration, I really do. But you don't have to do that with me. It's different... The boys are my family, I'm not very physically affectionate with them but you... You're the first friend I've had in a while! I don't want that kind of distance between us."

"I just didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable." You speak, your voice barely above a whisper.

He clenches his fists, seeing you like this hurts him for some reason. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable around me either. I... I thought I could do better, with a clean slate, with you."

Confusion clouds your thoughts as you try to search his eyes for answers, but he's not looking at you. "Do better at what, Yoongi? Please, help me understand."

He takes a deep breath, his gaze locking with yours. "I've always been like this. I have my issues, my boundaries, but with you... I want to break these walls I've built. I want to learn how to be close."

The vulnerability in his words washes over you, breaking through any barriers that could've possible formed between you.

You reach out, gently placing a hand on his shoulder, your voice filled with sincerity.

"Hey, I didn't know... I didn't realise. But I'm here now, and I want you to know that I appreciate your honesty. I don't want to create distance either. I want us to find a way to navigate through this together, so you can have this friendship in a normal, but controlled manner. If anything feels uncomfortable, I want you to tell me. And in turn I promise to not take it personally, okay?"

A mixture of relief and apprehension flickers across Yoongi's face as he processes your words and nods. Slowly, he unclenches his fists, his tense shoulders relaxing ever so slightly.

"I... I appreciate your understanding," he murmurs, his voice filled with a hint of vulnerability. "I just... I don't want to lose what we have. I know it's barely been a day but, I value our friendship, Y/n."

A genuine smile forms on your lips as you hold out your pinky finger in front of him "Yoongi, we won't lose what we have. We'll figure this out together, step by step."

His eyes soften, as he wraps his pinky around yours. "Thank you, Y/n. I needed to hear that."

With a gentle nod, you offer him a reassuring smile. "Let's go back to the others. We have a BUNCH of food."

Yoongi's lips curve into a small, genuine smile, a weight seemingly lifted from his shoulders. "Yeah, you're right. Jimin went all out with his simping, huh?"

You swat his arm playfully and shake your head. "heyyy be nice!"

He giggles, "I mean, I understand but damn"

Together, laughing, you walk out of the room, and back to the drawing room

Together, laughing, you walk out of the room, and back to the drawing room. They look like they'd been waiting for you. You lock eyes with Jimin and he looks worried, anticipating. You give him a covert thumbs up signal and he immediately takes charge of changing the topic.

"Guys, I've known y/n for four years, and I'm her best friend so I know basically everything about herrr" he looks at you for validation.

You roll your eyes but smile, "Yeah yeah go on"

He continues. "But you guys don't know much about her! And I know you want to get to know each other soooo, we should all play some game to find out things! No hard rules, you know, just let's all have fun"

Everyone finds this to be a good idea. Jin announces that the snacks are ready to go with the game, and you offer to help him plate everything. Working together, you arrange the snacks from earlier on a large tray and carefully place it on the drawing room table.

Jin asks if anyone wants soft drinks or alcohol, Hobi requests a Sprite, Yoongi asks for whiskey, and Jimin opts for Soju. Jin selects Soju as well but pairs it with beer.

You look at the options and decide to go with a Coke for now

You look at the options and decide to go with a Coke for now. Jin look at you

"You don't drink?"

"Oh I do. I just think it's better for all of us if you guys get to know Sober Y/N before you meet Drunk Y/N.

Jin chuckles at your response, "Well, the fridge is at your disposal whenever you're ready to indulge."

With the snacks and beverages arranged on the table, everyone settles into their seats in the cozy living room. You find yourself sandwiched between Jimin and Yoongi, Jin and Hobi occupy the plush couch seats on either side.

Just as you all get comfortable, the doorbell rings. Jin lets out a small sigh, "I literally just sat down."

You smile and get up, "It's okay, I got it,"

"Must be V" Hobi says as you make your way towards the door. Sighing softly as you mentally prepare yourself, then you open the door.

Oh.

Oh no.