ғɪғᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and months turned into years.

5 years have passed by now.

Osman ran around the garden with his wooden sword along with his brother Murad while the little Sultanas, Ismihan, Atike, Mihrimah and little Kaya were collecting flowers.

I sat on the pillow along with Ayşe and Hümaşah Sultan as Hümaşah Sultan played with Bayezid.

Osman has turned 6, while Ismihan and Atike are 8 and Murad and Mihrimah 5.

Kaya was born a year later after the twins, so she was 4. She is the daughter of İskender and Ayşe. She was born when Mehmed and İskender were on the campaign, so Ayşe wanted me to name the baby since I was the one who brought Ayşe and İskender together.

And finally, my Bayezid. He has just turned 1 this year.

Everything has been peaceful since then. I have my kids with me and Mehmed was successful in all the campaigns he conducted, but what still bothers me is that we haven't heard anything from Şehzade Orhan.

It's like he disappeared into thin air with his children. We don't know where he is or whether he's still alive or dead. But it's been 5 years, maybe he went away for good.

"Valide, Valide." Osman ran to me with Murad following him. Osman is really mature for his age. Instead of calling me Anne, he thinks it's too childish and decided to address me in a formal way.

"Evet, benim yiğit Şehzadem." I replied as I kissed his forehead before doing the same to Murad.

"Here, for you." Osman said as he handed me a flower and Murad followed his action and handed me another. Ayşe and Hümaşah Sultan laughed at their cuteness.

"Thank you, my brave Şehzadeler." I said before making Osman and Murad sit beside me.

"Hala Hümaşah, do you know I defeated Abi in the sword fight?" Murad said excitedly to his aunt who smiled at him. Hümaşah Sultan handed Bayezid to Ayşe before turning her full attention towards her favorite Şehzade.

Hümaşah Sultan loved all the children equally but she seemed to give more attention to Murad then others.

"Is it, my brave prince?" Hümaşah said as she took both his hands in hers before kissing it. And they started talking.

"ATTENTION. HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY, SULTAN MEHMED HAN." The guards announced and everyone stood up except me who took Bayezid from Ayşe.

Mehmed walked towards us and nodded at them before motioning them to sit and then settling himself beside Osman.

"Şehzadem, why are you always with your Valide? Sometimes leave her alone so that she can make time for me." Mehmed said, teasing Osman.

"No." Osman replied, shaking his head before hugging me sideways, making me chuckle. "I won't leave her until I get my own wife." He said and we all chuckled at him.

He has still been asking for a wife and asking everyone when will he be the Sultan. I guess some things never change.

"Osman, you need to find your wife." Mehmed said. "Ask your aunts, I found my own and they also found their own. So, you should also find your own."

"Yes, Osman." Ayşe chipped in, giggling as she backed up her brother. "You should go and find your wife."

"Ayşe, Mehmed. Stop bothering my little Şehzade. If Osman can't find, I can help. Isn't it Osman?" Hümaşah Sultan added in.

"Hala Hümaşah, will you marry me?" This time it was Murad who spoke up.

"Murad, my brave lion." I said, chuckling. "You cannot marry your Hala."