ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

I watched from the balcony as the carriage took off with a small smile playing on my lips. I entrust my son to you Hümaşah.

I can hear the shouting and screaming of the rebellions even from this height. Those illiterate creatures wait for moments like this to show their stupidity and rebel cause they have nothing to do.

They have no sympathy or no time to mourn and share the grief with the dynasty.

I walk down the dark and silent corridors of the palace that were once filled with laughter of the children and concubines. The palace that was once filled with light and joy now looks like a creepy horror mansion.

Taking a deep breath I opened the main door cradling my baby bump with my hand, ready to face the crazy crowd.

"Sultanam?" Dervish Pasha looked at me in shock. This feels like a déjà vu.

I ignored him and walked past him as he was too shocked to stop me too. "Aghas. Stop." I called out but my voice was nothing compared to the loud screaming of the crowd. Now, this is pissing me off.

"I SAID SHUT UP EVERYONE." I yelled at the top of my voice and thankfully they stopped.

"Sultanam please don't." Dervish whispered to me. "Go to some safe place until the chaos is over. We don't want anything happening to you."

"No, Dervish. This is getting out of hand. Everyone should know their place and they will too." I said before turning towards the crowd.

"What is all this about? Why do you people always wait for some inappropriate time to rebel that also on things that don't even concern you? How dare you?" I said in a loud and clear voice with a hard glare.

One of the men stepped out and I diverted my attention to him. "Valide Sultanam, we heard-"

"Say that again and I'll have your tongue cut." I hissed at him.

"Forgive me Sultanam but. . . we consider you as our Valide Sultan and Şehzade Sultan Osman as the next successor." The man replied boldly, making me want to rip his head off his body. I was about to give him a savage reply when another man spoke up.

"Didn't we already talk about this Effendi!?" The man yelled angrily. "We want Şehzade Orhan on the throne."

I cocked my eyebrows at him. "So you think His Majesty is dead but Şehzade Orhan is not? How do you know? Tell me Effendi, how do you know? Weren't they on the same ship? Or were you the one behind all this?" I asked with my eyes narrowed at him, making him nervous and the crowd gasp in shock.

"Hayir. No. This woman is trying to manipulate you all my friends. Don't listen to her. Don't you know that she's a witch!" He yelled on top of his lungs but I ignored his stupid ramblings before turning to the crowd.

"Sultan Mehmed Khan is alive. He will be back. I believe it and so will you. Neither my son nor will any prince sit on his throne." I announced it confidentially. "Even my son has to walk through me to get to the throne."

"No. We want Şehzade Orhan!" The man yelled again, alone.

"Over my dead body." I gritted out. "Who is this 'we' here cause I see only you shouting bullshits?"

"No. We want Şehzade Orhan. Come on my friends, come to your senses. Şehzade Orhan is the most befitting prince for the throne." He tried to convince them and some even turned up.

"Alright, if that's what you want." I said calmly before taking two steps back. I pulled out a sword from one of the Janissaries baldric. "You have to walk past me. Come on."