𝚝 𝚑 𝚛 𝚎 𝚎

He was standing there in the balcony watching the beautiful evening sunset and I made my way towards him quietly.

Lets test your bravery.

“Bhoo.” I shouted as I shook his shoulder slightly making him jump. I started laughing my ass off as he tried to calm his heart beat.

“You crazy woman. You nearly pushed me off the balcony.” He said with a hilarious expression and I laughed harder. The guards rushed inside the room and look back and forth between Mehmed and me as Mehmed had a funny expression on his face while I clutch my stomach with one hand and the other hand on the couch while laughing none stop.

“Şehzade, is everything alright?” One of them asked still looking at me.

“Yes. Yes. You can go now.” He said as he waved his hands dismissing them and they went out silently.

“Did you see your face.” I said after my laughter died while he glared at me. “It was so funny.”

“Do you think it's funny when I nearly fell of the balcony because of your stupidity?” He growled at me. “Sumbul aga was right. You have a loose screw. Crazy woman.”

“What? It was just for fun. Don't be too serious Mehmed.” I said as I shrugged while he was still glaring at me.

He grabbed me by my arms while glaring down at me. “It's Şehzade Mehmed for you. What makes you think you can call me by my name.”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course. Şehzade Mehmed of the Osman dynasty. The scary cat.” I rolled my eyes as I broke away from his grip.

“You dared to insult me? Who do you think of youself. I'll behead you in a matter of seconds.” He said in a furious tone but I didn't care. Call me careless, stupid or whatever but I was use to this tones at home because of my recklessness so it didn't affect me now.

“Calm down Beast.” I said as I patted his head while he looked at me with a crazy expression.

“Did you ran away from the asylum.” He asked as he back away from me while I rolled my eyes.

“No. I didn't.” I said in an irritated tone but he didn't seem to care much.

“What day is today?” I asked and he turn back to face me.

“Were you living under a rock?”

“No. Just tell me.”

“15th January, 1506.” He replied rolling his eyes. Shit. Today's the day he'll be attacked while sleeping. Well he have me so he don't have to worry. All thanks to me.

“Where are you from.” He asked as I stood beside him watching the sun go down as the dark sky and stars started to take over.

“Rome.” I replied.

He looked at me. “So you're not a free woman.”

“I am.”

“You came here throught slave trade. Who do you think your fooling girl.” He said as he looked at me with a bitter face.

“I am a free woman. I didn't came here throught slave trade, Mehmed.” I said as I fixed my gaze at the sky. I could feel his intense gaze on me.

“Then how did you came here.”

“When the time will come. I'll tell you.” I replied taking a deep breath. The view is breathtaking from here and the fresh air hmm. . . . I can stay here forever. No. What am I even thinking.

“Who send you?” He asked looking at me before looking up at the sky filled with stars. “If you just name the person i'll free you.”

I turn towards him. “No one send me Mehmed. Will you believe me if I say I'm from the future?” I said to which I knew he could again call me crazy and he did.

“Crazy woman.”

I gave him a smile knowing that it was useless arguing with him. He won't believe. Of course, if I was in his place I would have laughed on their face and call them crazy or a dirty liar.

“Forget about that. Why are you keeping me here with you anyway?” I asked looking at him and he looked away.

“That's for me to know and for you to think.” He replied taking a deep breath. I already know why I was here but I expected a direct answer from him. Well too bad.

I know he's keeping me here, near him to keep an eye on me. What if I poisoned the food and kill all the people? Of course I wouldn't but still. It happened once and he didn't want to repeat the same mistake.

“If your thinking of killing me when I'm asleep or poisoning me. Then let me tell you, I'm a light sleeper and you'll taste all my food before I eat.” He said looking straight to my eyes and I shot him a fake smile.

“Do you think I'll really poison you.” I asked and he shrugged.

“Yes. Why won't you. After all I'm a Şehzade. I know who sent you, it's just that I want to hear it from you.” He said and I look at him confused. Does he suspect his brother?

“Listen, I have already told you no one sent me.”

He chuckled at me. “Every culprit says that. You're not the only one.” I shook my head at him.

“Anyway.” I clapped my hands before rubbing it. “I'm hungry.”

“Do I look like a cook to you.” He cocked his eyebrows at me.

“Of course not. I was just saying I'm hungry. Do something.” I said and he rolled his eyes at me before sitting down on the couch.

“The dinner will be ready soon just wait for some minutes.” He replied before closing his eyes.

The dinner was served soon and like he said earlier he let me taste all his food before digging in. Does he seriously think I'll poison him here, in his chambers, in the palace of all the places in the world?

“So, where will I sleep.” I asked as I just noticed there was only one bed in the room.

“With me. Where else.” He said in an obvious tone and I glared at him.

“What makes you think I'll sleep in the same bed as you.” I shot him a fake smile which he returned.

“Then you can sleep on the floor.” He said pointing at the floor before getting into the bed. “There a dress for you in the chair to sleep in.” He said pointing at the couch.

After I was done, I came out wearing a white knee length nighty that was pretty comfy. I climbed into the other side of the bed not before taking his daggers with me and he looked at me weirdly.

“Ok. So, your dumb brain decided to kill me in my sleep huh?”

I cocked my eyebrows at him. “Of course. In case you try anything funny.” I replied before laying down at the edge of the bed.

He rolled his eyes at me before closing his eyes.

“I won't sleep tonight. I can't. If I sleep I'll be death.” I whispered to myself holding the dagger close to my heart.

                         —————————

a/n: Yay 100 views!!! Thank you so much.