𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚏 𝚘 𝚞 𝚛

“Mehmed?” I called out and he hummed before looking up at me. We were sitting in the coach on the balcony watching the beauty of the capital from the above. He laid on top on me with his head on my chest while I ran my fingers on his soft hair.

“What happened?” He asked.

“You know when I fainted, I had a weird dream.” I said and he ushered me to continue. “I found myself in a forest all alone when out of a sudden an old man appeared and told me to follow him.”

“I followed him. He took me to a place where a group of man were sitting and discussing something when my eyes fell on a baby who was laid of a chair suitable for a Sultan.” I moved my gaze from him and look up at the dark sky filled with stars.

“I asked the old man who's child it was but he didn't respond and he sat down beside a man who look superior than all of them. That man stood up from his sit and walked towards me before standing beside me. He told that the child was my son.” I look at Mehmed who look like he was in a deep thought.

“And?” He asked as he noticed I stopped.

“He told me, that child was my son, Sultan Osman. I was taken aback but before I could ask him any questions, he continued. He told me that my son will be the most powerful Sultan in the Osman dynasty history. Infact, he will be the most powerful Sultan the world have ever seen but. . . ” I stopped again and gulped thinking about his words.

“But?” Mehmed titled his head looking at me with a cute little frown and I gave him a small smile before kissing the tip of his nose.

“But I won't live to see that.” I finished.

He peaked my lips before placing a soft kiss on my forehead. “Don't be sad about it, my love. It's just a dream.”

I rubbed my hand on my flat stomach smiling at it. “But if my dream is right, I'll give birth to a boy.”

“Inshallah.” He said. “If a Şehzade is born then we'll name him Osman but if a Sultana is born then. . . ”

“Then?”

He smiled at me. “You get to name her.”

I grinned at him before kissing his cheeks. “What if your people kill me because of that? Thinking that I'm a witch and I bewitched you?” I asked, testing him.

“I'll like to see them try. Forget about killing you, if they even put a scratch on you, I'll behead them. I promise.” He said in a dangerously dark tone making a slight shiver run down my spine. “And yes, if they think you are a witch. Then they are right. You are my witch.” He whispered as he pressed his forehead on mine.

“You have bewitched me, my love. I don't think I'll ever get enough of you. I love you and I want to spend my whole life with you. I want us to grow old together and if Allah wishes, then I want to see our grandchildren too.” He whispered before biting my ear lobs and I giggled.

“Are you trying to impress me with Jane Austen’s quote? If yes, then let me tell you, it's working.”

“Ja- what?” He asked, confused.

“Nothing.” I replied. “And Mehmed, it's still too early to think about our grandchildren.” I said and he chuckled before placing a kiss under my ear.

“Did you find out about those assassins?” I asked Mehmed curiously and he shook his head.

“We are still investigating about it Halime. But I have no doubt that those assassins were sent by Hafsa Sultan.” He gritted while I just stayed silent thinking about it.

“What if it wasn't her?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” He questioned back.

“About our plan, only Hümaşah Sultan, you, me and Sumbul agha knows. What if someone else overheard our conversation and took their chance knowing that if anything happened to us, the blame will go straight at Hafsa Sultan?” I reasoned but he didn't seem convinced.

“You are a Şehzade. The second to the throne Mehmed. Everyone is after you. I don't mean to say this but, Şehzade Selim is more safer than you. His people will try to kill you to make one less person to ascend to the throne while Şehzade Orhans people will also do the same.” I explained while he listened to me silently with a frown.

“Do you mean Selim send his men after us.” He asked in a furious tone and I frowned.

“Of course not. He loves you to death, Mehmed. He'll never do that. But I can't say the same for his supporters.” I said.

“And why are you saying that?” He asked as he sat up straight and I followed his action.

“Some days back, I over heard some of the pasha's talking.” I said and he nodded. “They were saying that you are the main problem for both the parties.”

“And?”

“So, I scared the living shit out of them.” I shrugged and his laughter filled my ears. Music to my ears.

And what did you told them?” He asked as his laughter died. He wrapped his arms around me before laying down with me in his arms.

“I just told them that if I hear anything about you or them planning shits against you, I'll roast them alive in the Royal kitchen fire and no one will question me. And let me tell you, they nearly peed their pants after hearing me.” I said and we both burst out laughing.

“What really are you Halime?” He laughed. “I have never meet anyone like you ever.”

“And you will never.” I said and flipped my hair dramatically. “People like me are born only once in a century.”

“I have no doubt about it, my crazy Sultana of my heart.” He placed a kiss on my cheeks and I grinned at him.

Just then Sumbul agha came in and bowed his head. “Şehzadem, Sultanam.”

I tired to sit up straight but Mehmed pulled me back and held me tighter. “What happened Sumbul agha?” He asked.

“Şehzadem, Şah Sultan has. . . ” He hesitant eyeing me and I frowned. What are the witches up to?

“Speak.” Mehmed commanded.

“Şah Sultan has sent some concubines to entertain you tonight.” Sumbul agha said and my soul left my body. That illiterate witch.

    ————————————————