ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴛᴡᴏ

"Hünkarım, Sultanam." Esmahan bowed to us as we all sat outside in the garden. She was in her wedding dress, ready to go to her new palace with her new husband, Ayas Pasha.

"May you both have a happy life." Mehmed wished and she kissed his hands before turning towards me. 

"May you and Ayas Pasha have a happy life." I also wished and Esmahan kissed my hand before going towards his Hümaşah Sultan who was next to me.

They all wished her and then we all sat to have the feast. I turned to Gülnihal who was holding Osman. "Take him inside and feed him." She nodded before taking him in with Esma.

"What happened?" Mehmed asked, his hot breath fanning my neck sending chills down my spine. We've been married for 2 now and I still can't help it but get turned on when he does that and he knows it. 

"No-nothing." I replied before pushing him away making him frown at me but soon it turned into a mischievous grin.

"Hala Hümaşah," Ismihan called out, grabbing our attention. She ran towards Hümaşah Sultan who stood up and picked her up before kissing her chubby cheeks. "Ismihan'im, my darling. How are you?"

Nilüfer came with Gevherhan and Atike holding both their hands. They bowed. 

"What took you so long?" I asked Nilüfer, a little annoyed.

"Forgive me Sultanam. The Sultanas were running around and I couldn't manage all the three together." Nilüfer said and I nodded. Gerverhan and Atike ran towards me and I opened my arms, taking both of them into my arms.

I kissed their forehead before taking Geverhan on my lap while Mehmed picked up Atike. "Aunt, can I ask you something?" My 2 year old niece asked and I nodded.

"Yes, my darling." I replied before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Atike, Akile and Hatice all have their own mother, then why don't Ismihan and I have our mother? Where is our mother?" She asked as she looked up at me innocently. By now everyone has fallen silent.

"Yes, aunt. Why is my mother not here?" Ismihan also asked as she pulled away from Hümaşah before running into my arms. Mehmed took Ismihan on his other lap before placing a kiss on her forehead.

I glanced at Gülbahar and Orhan. While Orhan looked guilty, Gülbahar looked quite fine about it. "My darling, my beautiful niece, you will understand when you grow old ok?" I said and both of them nodded with any questions thankfully.

Geverhan and Atike sat down besides Zülfiker Pasha and Hümaşah Sultan while Mehmed insisted Ismihan sit with us.

"I like this desert." Ismihan said as she picked up lokum before stuffing it inside her mouth making her chubby cheeks look chubbier. 

"Really? I like it too." I said and she smiled at me. Can she be any cuter?

"Sultanam," Sumbul agha bowed and I nodded at him. "I had it made especially for you as you like it very much." He said as he placed a big plate full of quail with rice and spices stuffed in it.

I grinned at him before taking a spoon full of it and stuffing my mouth with it. The heavenly taste. My mouth feels like it's on cloud nine. 

But my happiness didn't last long. Because as soon as I gulped it down, I wanted to throw up. I covered my mouth with my hand and picked my heavy dress with the other hand before running to the other side.

"Sultanam? SULTANAM!" Sumbul agha and some maids ran after me followed by Mehmed.

After I made sure I was a little far away from them, I threw up in the bush. 

"Halime, are you alright? What's wrong?" Mehmed asked as he ran his hand on my back and I shook my head.

"No, it's nothing. I'm fine."

"Sultanam, are you alright?" Sumbul asked and I nodded before I turned my back again and threw up. 

"Who made the food? What was in the food? Did you make someone taste it before you brought it? I swear Sumbul if anything happens to her I'm going to kill you with my bare hands!" Mehmed yelled at the poor guy who was already scared and confused.

"Mehmed, it's alright. Maybe it's because I didn't have anything this morning. I'm fine. I'm fine." I replied as Mehmed wrapped his arms around my waist. I laid my head on his chest, fully leaning on him now.

Mehmed turned to look at Sumbul with a big frown. "Didn't I tell you to look after her? You were supposed to be with her every single time and make sure she eats on time. Why didn't you inform me about it!" He growled at Sumbul who flinched. 

By now everyone was gathered, staring at the scene in front of them. "Halime, are you alright? You look pale?" Hümaşah asked as she walked closer before taking out her handkerchief and wiping the swears off my face.

"Sumbul, call the royal doctor fast. And I want the quail to be checked thoroughly and all the maids and cooks who cooked them and brought it out to be investigated. If anything happens to her, you better pray I don't behead you all. GO!" Hümaşah yelled and Sumbul nodded before running off.

"Halime, Halime." Hümaşah slapped my cheeks slightly but I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. My head started to feel dizzy and heavy while my eyes became blurry.

"Halime, stay awake ok. Nothing will happen to you. Can you hear me? Halime." Mehmed asked as he picked me up bridal style and that's the last thing I heard before I blacked out completely.

My head felt as if someone was hitting on it with a hammer. I groaned as I struggled to open my eyes but I finally managed to.

"Halime," Mehmed let out a sigh of relief. "You scared me, Hayatım."

"What. . . what happened to me? Did they poison me again?" I asked him and he shook his head before motioning towards the midwife and the doctor who were standing beside the bed.

"Congratulations Sultanam. You are 2 weeks pregnant." The midwife said with a polite smile. "Her Majesty fainted because of dehydration and tiredness. Please avoid any kind of stress or work for the next 2 months or we might risk the baby's life."

Mehmed nodded as he listened carefully to her. "Anything else?"

"Yes, Hünkarım. I strictly forbid Her Majesty from wearing heavy head accessories or any head piece at all for some time and to watch what she eats or drinks. Avoid coffee, fish and unpasteurised milk. This pregnancy is a lot harder than we thought." She explained.

"Is that all?" Mehmed asked again.

"Yes, Hünkarım." She replied.

"You may leave." He dismissed them and they bowed before leaving us alone. 

Mehmed kissed my forehead. "Our wish came true. We're going to have a daughter." He said in an excited tone, making me chuckle.

"What if it's a boy?" I teased.

He shrugged. "Then it's fine. Our daughter can be 3rd but I'm pretty sure it's a girl." He answered in full confidence and I cocked my eyebrows at him. 

"Look at you Mehmed, you always call me weird but you are the weird one here. Everyone wants or wishes for a boy and here you are, wishing for a daughter." 

He stroked my cheeks before placing a kiss on my lips. "I wish for a daughter because daughters are father's best friend. Their life. They bring light and joy to everyone. If we have a daughter, she'll bring light and joy to our palace." Mehmed expressed his wish to have a daughter and my eyes filled with tears. 

"Hayatım, why are you crying?" He frowned as he wiped my tears away. Pregnancy hormones. 

"Nothing. It's just my hormones kicking in." I replied with a dry chuckle. "If we have a daughter, Inshallah. She will be the World's luckiest girl as she will have a very loving father who could love her to death."
     __________________________________
A/n : did you enjoy reading it? What do you think? A Sultana or another Şehzade?