ғɪғᴛʏ

"Atike, benim güzel Sultanım." I said as I stroke her cheeks. "How are you feeling?" 

"I want my mother. Where is she?" She asked and my heart aches for her. How am I going to tell her that her mother is dead, she won't be seeing her anymore? 

I turned back to face the Hekim kadın who motioned me and I followed her to the corner of the room. "What's wrong with her?" I asked. 

"Sultanim, something scared her so much that her temperature rose. Don't worry it will be ok." She said and I nodded. 

"Sultanim," Gülnihal bowed as she entered the chamber and I nodded at her. 

"What is it?"

"Ayşe Sultan." She said and I immediately stood up. 

"Take good care of her. If anything happens to her, I'll throw you all into the Bosphorus. Understood?" I asked in a stern voice and the Hekim kadın and the maids nodded with a gulp. 

Then I turned to Atike. "My darling, I'll come back later and we'll have dinner together ok?" I said and she nodded. I kissed her forehead before walking out of the chamber with Gülnihal. 

"Tell me."

"They found them." She whispered with a smile. 

"Allah şükürler olsun," I almost cried with happiness. "Where are they?" I asked. 

"In the infirmary." She answered, making me frown but before I would ask her why, she replied. "They had some injuries but don't worry Sultanim it's nothing."

I headed straight towards the infirmary where Ayşe and Ismihan were kept.

The Hekim and the others bowed when I entered the infirmary. 

"Sultanim," Ayşe said as she tried to sit straight but hissed in pain. 

"Ayşe, it's ok. Just lay down instead." I said as I hurried to her side. Her right cheek had a big bruise like someone punched her and her forehead had a small cut, her lips were bleeding and she had small cuts all over her face. 

Ismihan was sleeping on the bed beside hers. They didn't even spare the little child. She also has many cuts on her face and a small bruise on her forehead. 

"Ayşe, how are you feeling?" I asked as I stroked her hair and she broke down. 

"My brother," She choked. "He. . . he tried to kill me."

"Shhhh, it's ok now Ayşe. See you're here with me. Safe and sound. It's ok." I comforted her. 

I turned towards Sumbul Agha who just entered and bowed to me. "Sumbul, shift the Sultanas to their chambers. Let the Hekim take care of them there. Don't allow anyone to visit any of the Sultanas, including Hümaşah Sultan and Atike's chamber without my permission."

"Everything and everyone that goes inside their chamber to be thoroughly inspected before sending them in. And make sure that there are at least two maids with them all the time. They are not to be left alone. I hope you got me." I ordered. "If anything happens despite these security measures, I'll blame you."

He gulped before nodding and bowing. "As you order, Sultanim."

"Ayşe, we'll have dinner together later. Till then, take some rest." I said and she nodded before wiping her tears. 

I left her and headed straight towards the divan after that. I asked for all the Pashas to come including Selim Giray. 

I covered my face with a veil since they cannot see my face. It was forbidden. 

"Mustafa Pasha, tell me about the state affairs. What's going on around the state?" I asked and he began. It felt like eternity, the complaints and information never seemed to end. 

"That's enough for today." I said and stood up and they all bowed as I walked out. 

I decided to check on the Harem to see what's going on. 

"ATTENTION. HER IMPERIAL MAJESTY HASEKI HALIME SULTAN." The door man announced as I walked inside where all the girls were standing in line with their heads bowed and curtsied. 

"Firuze Kalfa," I called out and she stepped forward. "Has everyone settled?" I asked and she nodded. 

"Yes Sultanim." She replied. "Some are still in shock after the sudden events but it's ok we're trying to help each other."

"Alright, if any-" I couldn't finish my sentence and lost my balance and almost fell down but Firuze caught me. 

"Sultanim, are you ok?" She asked worriedly. 

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't wor-" I couldn't finish my sentence and passed out. 

I woke up to Hekim kadın talking to Gülnihal. They both turned their attention towards me when I tried to sit up and groaned in pain as my lower abdomen hurts. 

"Sultanim, carefully." Gülnihal said as she helped me sit up. 

"What happened to me?" I asked and the Hekim Kadın stepped forward. 

"Sultanım, Her Majesty fainted due to dehydration and exhaustion. If you don't be careful, you might lose the baby. " She said, leaving me in a deep thought. 

Everyone and everything in this palace is in chaos. 

After Hakim Kadın left I asked everyone to leave me alone and sat down on the couch looking at the portrait of our little family. Mehmed, me and our Osman. 

"Mehmed, where are you?" I whispered and stroked his portrait as tears roll down my eyes. "Come back fast."

Soon the maids laid out the tables in my chamber for dinner and everyone came.

I sat down with Atike and Ismihan by my sides and Ayşe right across from me. Hümaşah couldn't join as she couldn't even sit. 

We said our prayer and started having our food while having some small chit chat here and there with Ayşe. 

"Sultanam, where is my mother?" Atike asked again, making everyone fall silent. 

I forced a smile on my face and turned to her before grabbing her small hands in mine. " Atike'm, benim güzel Sultanım, she is somewhere safe now."

"Does that mean she won't be coming back?" She asked with tears in her eyes and it broke my heart into a million pieces. 

"Yes," I replied as I gulped hard. "But see you have me and Osman. And you have your Hala Ayşe and Hala Hümaşah and Ismihan too? And you have His Majesty, Your uncle Sultan Mehmed too. He'll be back soon with the news of his victory then we'll all celebrate and live happily."

She seemed to be distracted by my words. "Really? When will he win and come back? Is he really going to fight a big lion like Firuze said?"

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "Yes, my beautiful sultana but for now finish up your dinner."

Thankfully she didn't ask anything aside from that. I ordered Sümbül agha to prepare the rooms nearest to my chamber for the Sultanas. I don't know why but I felt more at peace after doing that. 

I walked out on the balcony to have some fresh air with sleeping Osman in my arms. It was already too late, the sun was about to rise but I couldn't sleep. At all. 

I took a deep breath as I thought of how my life has changed since I arrived here. From Andria, a girl from nowhere to a Haseki Sultan of the great Ottoman Empire and the wife of the padişah of 3 Continents, Sultan Mehmed Khan. 

I'm Haseki Halime Sultan, wife of Sultan Mehmed Khan. I was meant to bend history and I will do it. I have already come this far, I can't give up. Not now. Or ever. 

The first light of the sun hit my face as I looked down at Osman who was sleeping peacefully. "Osman, benim oğlum, I promise you that I will be the strongest. So strong that no one will dare to touch you. I'll rise like a fire and burn all my enemies. This is my promise to you."
   ___________________________________
A/n : sorry for updating after a long time. Was busy vt schools works. I'll try to update frequently;)