𝚝 𝚠 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚢 𝚎 𝚒 𝚐 𝚑 𝚝

“Sultanam?” Gülnihal called out and I hummed.

“Yes, what is it Gülnihal?” I asked and she lean in closer.

“I heard some of the concubines in the Harem saying that Şah Huban Sultan is going to organise a party tonight and is preparing some new Russian concubines that were brought from Crimea for the Şehzades.” She whispered and I frowned.

Don't this woman ever get tired of rejections?What is her problem?

“Where are they?”

“Who Sultanam?” She asked and I pursed my lips in a thin line.

“Those Russian concubines.” I snapped at her and she flinched.

I rubbed my temples. This hormones. “I'm sorry Gülnihal for snapping at you. I just. . .” I took a deep breath before standing up. “I'm sorry.”

“It's ok Sultanam. I understand. Please don't apologise. If anyone hear you apologising to me, they'll behead me.” She said as she look around and I chuckled at her.

“Who will dare to. If they touch even your hair, i'll collapse this palace on their head. You are my only friend in this palace.” I said as I squeezed her shoulders and her eyes filled with fresh tears.

She may be my maid to others, but she is a friend to me.

I don't doubt her loyalty. I never had.

“I never had any friends Sultanam.” She sobbed and I rolled my eyes at her before rubbing her shoulders.

“You have. I'm your friend. You can call me by my name when we are alone.” I said and winked at her while she gasped catching the attention of other maids.

“I won't dare to, Sultanam. They'll throw me in the sea if I do that.” She said.

“If we are alone. And nobody will dare to do that Gülnihal. Don't be so scared it annoys me.” I replied and she instantly fell on her knees.

“Forgive me, Sultanam if I did anything wrong.”

I bent down to her level before grabbing both her hands. “Gülnihal, stop apologising for every single thing.”

“I'm sorry Sultanam.”

“See you did it again.” I said and we shared a look before giggling.

“Now c'mon.” We stood up and she ran her hand on her wrinkled dress before facing me and I hooked our arms. “Let's go and see those concubines.”

Everyone was busy running around, preparing for tonight but stopped everything when they saw me coming.

“Attention! Halime Sultan is coming.” Sumbul agha announced and everyone rushed to stand in line and bowed to me.

I smiled at Sumbul. “What is going on here Sumbul. What are you guys preparing for?” I asked him innocently like I already didn't knew.

“Sultanam.” He bowed at me and hesitated but one stren look form me and he started spilling out. “Şah Huban Sultan and Beyhan Sultan are going to throw a party tonight for the Şehzades.”

“And?”

“Sultanam?” He looked at me with a confused look.

“And what else are they planning.” I gritted out, almost about to snap his neck into two if he asked another stupid question.

“Sultanam. . . I . . . er. . . they.” He stammered, showing me his teeth making me want to bash him up really bad.

“Sumbul, don't test my patience.”

“Sultanam, please don't be angry. I'll tell you.” He replied immediately. “They have arranged some concubines that were brought form Venice for the Şehzades.”

I nodded. “See was that hard?”

“No Sultanam.”

“Anyway, where are those concubines.”

“I don't know Sultanam. Şah Sultan and Beyhan Sultan took the concubines with them.” Sumbul replied and I nodded before walking off leaving him to do his works.

They are surely planning something big but they won't succeed even this time. They won't. I won't let them.

The day ended and it was already dark. Şah Sultan decided to invite me personally and irritate me. That bitch.

She should be grateful, I didn't ruin her face. . . . yet.

I wore a dark blue dress with golden flower printed designs paring it with the sapphire earrings Mehmed made for me.

While, Mehmed also wore a blue dark kaftan matching mine.

“We can just stay in our room if you don't want to go.” Mehmed said as we walk out of the room and I shook my head smiling at him.

“No, I want to go. Afterall, your aunts worked hard and spend alot of money for today.” I said, sarcastically which I'm sure he couldn't quite catch as he just shook his head.

“Tell me if you want to leave, ok?” He said and I nodded before placing a light kiss on his right cheek.

He wrapped his arms around my wait pulling me closer to him before pressing his soft lips on mine.

“Come one lets go.” I pulled before slipping my hand in his and pulling him out of the room.

We were the last to enter. Şehzade Orhan and one of his new concubine were sitting together while Gülbahar Hatun was nowhere in sight.

“Sultanam.” I bowed to Hümaşah Sultan who smiled at me and Mehmed. She stood up before placing a kiss on Mehmed's head and kissing my cheek.

Incase you are wandering about Şah Sultan, Beyhan Sultan and Hafsa Sultan. They are sitting on the other side of the room.

“You look beautiful Halime Sultan.” Ayşe commented and I smiled at her. She was wearing a light blue dress paring it with a set of cute necklace.

“You look beautiful too, Ayşe.” I replied before sitting down beside Mehmed.

“Sadika Hatun and Dafne Hatun will be here soon.” Hümaşah Sultan said and I nodded.

And like Hümaşah Sultan said, Sadika and Dafne Hatun soon joined us and they look quite tense when they came in. Maybe they quarrelled like they always do.

Soon the party started and Şah Sultan asked for the dancers, the russian concubines who she bought for Mehmed and Orhan.

Six of them entered before bowing to us and I tighten my hold on Mehmed's arm.

One of the concubines with red hair shot Mehmed a seductive looks and I scowled. When I turn towards Şah Sultan, she was already smirking at me. She raised her glass at me as if wishing me luck and I accepted the challenge.

The night is going to be so long.

        — — — — — — — — — — —
A/n : sorry for updating after a long time. Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter❣