ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ᴏɴᴇ

ᴩᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ

I groaned as I opened my eyes, blinking hard to take in my surrounding.

“Halime?” Mehmed called out and I turn my gaze towards the voice. He was holding . . . . our baby?

“Mehmed, is that. . . ?” I tried to sit up and Esma helped me.

“Yes, our Şehzade. ” He said as he handed the baby to me and I carefully took it from him.

He look nothing like me.

And I would be lying if I say I wasn't jealous right now.

I carried him for 9 months just for him to look like his father?

“I carried you for 9 months and look at you, you look nothing like me.” I mumbled to the baby and Mehmed chuckled at me as he stroke my cheeks.

“He got your eyes.” Mehmed said and I felt the sudden urge to wake the baby up but I didn't, of course.

“Our baby.” I mumbled as I placed a light kiss on the baby's head and Mehmed pressed my head to his chest before placing a kiss on my forehead.

“I almost thought I lost you, Halime.” He whispered as he tightened his hold on my shoulder.

“They poisoned me, didn't they.” I asked, more like a statement and he tensed and that was enough to let me know. I pulled away from him to face him.

“I won't let them off easily this time, Halime.” Mehmed said and I nodded.

Hümaşah Sultan, Ayşe and Fatma Sultan walked in and Mehmed stood up. Ayşe and Fatma bowed before coming towards me.

“Congratulations, Halime Sultan.” Ayşe said and I smiled at her as she put an emulate on the baby's clothes and Fatma did the same.

“Congratulations Halime.” She said with a fake smile which I gladly returned.

Hümaşah Sultan brought a crib for the baby made out of gold and decorated with pearls. “I hope it's worthy enough for our little Şehzade.” She smiled down at the baby before putting an emulate on the baby's crib and his pillow.

We all put on our head scarfs for the baby's naming ceremony. Mehmed began to recite prayers into the baby's ears before whispering his name. “Your name is Osman.”

“Your name is Osman.”

“Your name is Osman.” He said three times and placed a kiss on the baby's forehead before heading him to me.

“Osman.” I whispered. My dreams came true.

“Sumbul agha.” Hümaşah Sultan called out and Sumbul agha came in.

“Sultanam.” He bowed to her.

“Distribute lokma and sherbet immediately. And tell the cook to prepare a feast for everyone. Give away coins to the girls in the Haram and also distribute good, clothes and coins among the people. Let everyone know a Şehzade has been born.” Hümaşah Sultan ordered and Sumbul agha nodded with a big smile.

“As you wish Sultanam.” He replied before literally running out in excitement.

They all left after a while leaving me and Mehmed alone with our little Osman.

“Hafsa Sultan didn't even step out of her chamber after she heard I gave birth to a son.” I said as we watch out baby sleeping peacefully in his magnificent crib that his aunt gifted him. Mehmed let out a chuckled before pulling his closer to him.