ꜰᴏʀᴛy ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"Sultanam, please calm down. Stressing yourself out will only worsen your condition." The midwife pleaded as I paced around the court yard. The rebellion has calm down, some were death and their body was already deposed, some went home while many was still here standing with me.

"How can I, Hatun? How can I calm down when. . . when my son is being held hostage by that witch." I replied in frustration.

"Sultanam, the only thing we can do now is pray. Let us all pray together for the well being and safe arrival of our Şehzade." One of the women said and the others nodded in agreement.

After we all prayed together, one of the Hatun's helped me stand up before folding my prayer rug. "Thank you." I said and that woman bowed with a smile.

The mid wife along with some women bought food and set up a table for me as I refused to enter the palace without my son. "Sultanam, please have something or your condition will worsen." The mid wife pleaded.

"Hayır." I said, sternly, leaving no place for argument. "Like I have said before I won't have anything until my son return Hatun. Don't push it."

"But Sultanam by doing that not only are you risking your life but you are risking the life of the baby inside you." She cried out as she tried to convince me. She was right.

I sighed and picked up the glass of saffron almond milk before drinking it. I handed the empty glass to her before dismissing her. "Enough. You may take your leave."

As the time went by, everyone started to leave until there were only me, the two midwives and some Janissaries.

The night seem longer than any other nights. The cold wind blew mercilessly and the dark clouds covered the whole sky above us. It was going to rain and it was a sign of the approaching winter.

I rubbed my arms, walking around the court yard with the two women and four guards following me close behind.

"Sultanam, I think we should go inside now. It's getting cold out here and you might catch a cold." One of the Hatun said.

I stopped on my track before turning back to face them. "Indeed, you're right. It's getting very windy and cold." I said making both of them smile a little.

"You two may take your leave." I stated before tilting my head a little. "Agha, ask one of girls to bring my coat and a blanket for my Şehzade. I don't want him getting cold."

The guards nodded and bowed before one of them turned around and ran inside the palace while the two midwives looked like they wanted to cry.

"I said you can leave, Hatunlar." I repeated once again before turning my back on them and started walking.

"As you wish Sultanam." I heard them say before they went away leaving me alone with the guards who were walking behind me with an emotionless expression.

Soon it started to rain and the guard I sent bought my coat and a small blanket. They brought a chair for me to sit and I mumbled a small thank you before sitting down and dismissing them as I wanted to be alone.

I held the small blanket to my chest as I inhale the smell. "Osman, my son, my Şehzade, where are you? What have they done to you." I mumbled against the blanket before breaking down.

Fate was playing a cruel game on me. It was testing me with my loved ones.

First Mehmed and now my Osman.

But I intend to win.

I will not lose my husband and my son to this stupid, cruel, merciless dynasty witches.